Im back with issues

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki s83

Im back with issues

Post by pmhearns12 »

I have fouled plugs... front wasnt too bad, rear was trash. It had sat foe a while so i didnt bother to checkwhat it was. I bought new plugs, ran for about 10 minutes. The rear exhaust sounded
More 'woofy'. Pullee plugs, front looks nearly new... a little bit of heat color change on the contact no worries... the rear was brown. Smelled pretty oily... damp, around the threads. Looked with flash light inside of cylinder head... dark and wet... looks like the bike is toast... the worth of the bike around jere is so low it would he cheaper to go buy another older cruiser... whats going on here, fellas?

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Im back with issues

Post by hillsy »

I thought I was on the wrong site for a moment - I initially read your post as "back with tissues" :lmao:

Put a hotter plug in the rear jug and just ride it. [emoji2]

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Maybe your carbs need cleaned out?

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Re-read your post and saw you said it "sat for a while".

First up like Bronx suggested you could probably do with a carb clean / sync / check float height.

If that checks out and it's still fouling, then I'd run a hotter plug and call it good.

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped

Post by pmhearns12 »

Carbs are good. And it 'sat' for about 2 weeks maybe 3 during the central florida monsoon we had this year. Filters are clean and oiled, carbs check out... ill try the hotter plug and see if it works... what are the chances of having bad rings or a valve seal leak something?

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

What's the history?
Did it have this issue prior to the 2 - 3 week slumber?

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped

Post by pmhearns12 »

It doesnt SEEM likely... bike rode great before it took a break. Only 8500 miles. Iv put 4 k on it and did an oil change at 5500. Got the cobras from you (bronx) actually. Rejetted and lollipopped and it ran great until now. My step som rode it last but i realized he left the choke on and fuel cock set on after he shut it off. I have had it over fill carb before from this but it drained out and covered the floor amd none made it to chamber. It is rather dark and smells more oily than gasoline. Picking up a hotter olug today and see where it goes from there

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

hillsy wrote:I thought I was on the wrong site for a moment - I initially read your post as "back with tissues" :lmao:

Put a hotter plug in the rear jug and just ride it. [emoji2]
He should edit and make it "tissues".. Lol.

Uhm, keep us posted. Hope the choke did't cause cylinder wash-out when step-son used it. Is he familiar with bikes in general?

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped

Post by pmhearns12 »

Yea, whining... i get it, lol. And yea he is, he is just an idiot teenager.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Lol.. Keep us posted brother.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Just for basic information, the "choke" doesn't draw any fuel after about 1/4 throttle. The only time it will have any effect is during decel with the throttle closed.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

I'm aware of this. I was thinking if the kid was reving and dropping the throttle a lot it'd be getting lots more fuel intermittently rather than norm.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:I'm aware of this. I was thinking if the kid was reving and dropping the throttle a lot it'd be getting lots more fuel intermittently rather than norm.
Still don't see one ride doing that much damage to the rings, unless he did a downshift at too high a speed and broke a ring.

Almost sounds like the issue Prince has been having.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Herb wrote:
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:I'm aware of this. I was thinking if the kid was reving and dropping the throttle a lot it'd be getting lots more fuel intermittently rather than norm.
Still don't see one ride doing that much damage to the rings, unless he did a downshift at too high a speed and broke a ring.

Don't think it was mentioned; how many rides were taken. Lol

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Herb wrote:

You are correct, he said, "rode it last". Even so, these are pretty strong engines and even a few rides with a choke on wouldn't hurt it.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Herb wrote:
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Herb wrote:

You are correct, he said, "rode it last". Even so, these are pretty strong engines and even a few rides with a choke on wouldn't hurt it.
True indeed brother! :cheers: