Lost key help.

Intruder_dave
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1987 suzuki intruder vs1400

Lost key help.

Post by Intruder_dave »

hello all I recently lost the key to my 1987 intruder 1400 I pulled the lock cylinder to find a key code no luck i pulled the helmet locks and there was 602 on the back of both maybe the key code??? I'm sure i can take my switch to a lock smith and have a key made just wanted to try and find the code first.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Lost key help.

Post by hillsy »

602 is a Suzuki key code - did your old key open the helmet locks as well as the ignition?

Safest to take the barrel in to the locksmith to make sure the new key works when he cuts it.

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by JamesC »

This is why I have 4 keys for my bike. I know myself too well. If this happens to me, I've got backups.

:bang:

Intruder_dave
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Intruder_dave »

Yeah my stock key opened the helmet locks as well. I may be able to get a key made with that code if not I can take the tumbler somewhere im definitely getting more keys made Ive had the bike for a long time now and never lost the key so lesson learned ill get more made for sure.

Intruder_dave
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Intruder_dave »

She's a looker just re did the seats on it and some fresh paint. Pretty much everything on my bike is custom the handle bars are 1 off set I made personally for this bike. The seat I upholstered myself and painted it myself as well. The led headlight was miserable to make fit but so worth the effort so much brighter and just looks way better.