Aside from changing out the carbs, there's FI!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Aside from changing out the carbs, there's FI!

Post by YoDude »

I've been in touch with a company that makes after market FI throttle bodies along with all the goodies to make it work. Problem being they aren't giving too much detail about it, just yet anyway. I've posed some basic questions to them and they are telling me that adding two throttle bodies will work, and so that piqued me up to ask more questions about going from a 38mm T/B to a 36mm intake manifold, air filters that'll work and several other questions about performance and making it all happen. I'm currently waiting for their response. Price tag, $1099. Yeah, we'll see.

Although the price tag is way more expensive than the carb conversion on my other thread, this could also prove to be one of the greatest finds available for the Intruders. That is, if it pans out. Can you imagine never having to worry about carb problems ever again? And not to mention, it's still cheaper than having to replace with new stock carbs, not that that is usually ever done, but to replace and never worry again, it might be worth it.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: Aside from changing out the carbs, there's FI!

Post by Fred »

At a grand I think you might be struggling for any followers on that one. In a few years time there will be one or two scrap singles or twins with Fi that can be swaped over. Could be fun.