11 months

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

11 months

Post by Fred »

It was 11 months ago that I bought this house. The Intruder was brought here in Oct 2015 and there she sat till yesterday when I removed the cover of her. A little adjustment of tyre pressures and 30 minutes batt charging was enough to crank.

A lazy crank it may be but it was enough to fire the rear cylinder( as normal) and the front coming in later--no choke but then it is 36 degrees.

I was surprised that it stated so easily especially with old fuel and not much of it, but the front jug had a tap that I had not heard before it also had a noisy right pipe .

I was hoping it would go away and left it to a nice strong idle with no help from any throttle, --A Cadillac would have been envious of such an idle.

After shutting it down for a few minutes I could not help but listen to that idle just once more and pressed the button whoom immediate idle and what!!!! ----no tapping noise and no popping on the right exhaust, ---perfect.

Thunderbirds1
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 1993 1400 Intruder

Re: 11 months

Post by Thunderbirds1 »

Fred wrote:It was 11 months ago that I bought this house. The Intruder was brought here in Oct 2015 and there she sat till yesterday when I removed the cover of her. A little adjustment of tyre pressures and 30 minutes batt charging was enough to crank.

A lazy crank it may be but it was enough to fire the rear cylinder( as normal) and the front coming in later--no choke but then it is 36 degrees.

I was surprised that it stated so easily especially with old fuel and not much of it, but the front jug had a tap that I had not heard before it also had a noisy right pipe .

I was hoping it would go away and left it to a nice strong idle with no help from any throttle, --A Cadillac would have been envious of such an idle.

After shutting it down for a few minutes I could not help but listen to that idle just once more and pressed the button whoom immediate idle and what!!!! ----no tapping noise and no popping on the right exhaust, ---perfect.
Been there, done that.

No one could ever deny the facts about the reliability of these bikes. Lifelong fan, always have been, always will be. :bow:

Your story reads almost a little poetic :rock:

Keep the rubber side down...

Lee