Carb sync

EstIntruder
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: vs1400

Re: Carb sync

Post by EstIntruder »

jonnycando wrote:We have hydraulic valve lifters ( actually lash adjusters) so nothing to adjust with regard to the valves.
Regarding to valves, If something is wrong with opening then only thing what can I do is to change hydraulic lifters? Or when you maintain or change them? How long do they last usually? :geek:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I have not known them to be problematic....they should last the life of the engine. But they are like any lifter...they like clean oil, and they like it best at a good pressure. So change oil regularly and maintain the level to between the add and full mark. About all you can do in that department.

However we do have the decomp system and you need to know it works properly, including lubing the cables at the same time you lube the throttle cable. A stuck decomp lever could actually hold the exhaust valve partly open....Haven't seen it happen....but....well anything COULD happen.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Post by WintrSol »

The decompression system works by keeping the exhaust valves from closing all the way, so a sticking one, or one really out of adjustment, can not only cause running problems, but could eventually burn the valve(s).
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie