Fuel Interrupted? - New to Carbs

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Fuel Interrupted? - New to Carbs

Post by Designer »

Jonbkahn wrote:I just took 4" of fuel hose and slapped it on the vapor vent pipe with a hose clamp, then bent the end of the hose in half and put a second hose clamp on that. I didn't pressure test the tank, but next time I top off after a long ride and let the fuel in the tank heat up & expand, I'll try to look with a mirror for leaks. Or maybe stuff a piece of paper under it and then inspect for signs of moisture?
I have had the cooler Fuel from underground heat up over the engine on a warm day and expand causing some fuel to show up.

From what you say though of what you did, you probably will not find any leaking.....at this time.

Perhaps over time, the 180 degree bend in the flexible Fuel Hose might develop a Split or Crack at the sharp fold-over that may leak.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I used a 2-inch piece of modern fuel hose, pushed a short bolt into one end with RTV on it, clamped it on and then shoved the hose on the nipple and clamped it. Never had a leak.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:I used a 2-inch piece of modern fuel hose, pushed a short bolt into one end with RTV on it, clamped it on and then shoved the hose on the nipple and clamped it. Never had a leak.
Similar to what I did. [emoji106]

And it sure is as permanent as needed. [space] Just as effective and MUCH Easier than all this; :roll:
Fred wrote:To permanently close the unused breather pipe under the tank it would be to clean it and squeeze it together then solder.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:I used a 2-inch piece of modern fuel hose, pushed a short bolt into one end with RTV on it, clamped it on and then shoved the hose on the nipple and clamped it. Never had a leak.
Similar to what I did. [emoji106]

And it sure is as permanent as needed. [space] Just as effective and MUCH Easier than all this; :roll:
Fred wrote:To permanently close the unused breather pipe under the tank it would be to clean it and squeeze it together then solder.
But phreddie is correct that that is the really permanent way to fix it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Designer wrote:And it sure is as permanent as needed. [space] Just as effective and MUCH Easier.

And,...what you did is permanent enough given the longevity of the hose you used and longevity of the motorcycle itself. :HatTip:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:
Designer wrote:And it sure is as permanent as needed. [space] Just as effective and MUCH Easier.

And,...what you did is permanent enough given the longevity of the hose you used and longevity of the motorcycle itself. :HatTip:
I don't know how long it would have lasted. about 2 years after I did that my wife ran over the bike and smashed the gas tank. I replaced it with one from an 87 that didn't have the nipple on it.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:

Christ man, accept being wrong.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote:
Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:

The PERMENANT way to fix it forever and ever and live happily ever after is to solder it regardless of silicone aircraft space shuttle grade hoses.

I can solder the pipe without removing fuel in 5 minutes before you've got into you car to drive into town.

What you dumb asses havnt worked out is that it wont leak because there is no fuel in it. Remember it is a breather pipe unless you fill the tank with fuel to the absolute top flooding the pipe entry by the filler neck which could only be described as irresponsible filling procedure.

But it will allow fumes and smell and increase potential evaporation of your fuel and arguably a source of possible ignition.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I see that phreddie has chimed in, again. Wonder what his problem is now?

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Herb wrote:I see that phreddie has chimed in, again. Wonder what his problem is now?

:lmao: :lmao: he blocked me now wonders what Im saying. What a clown :jester:

Dont worry herb some one may quote me so you know --Its way over your head anyway. :lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:I see that phreddie has chimed in, again. Wonder what his problem is now?

His pussy hurts again, so now he's going to whine until has drinks enough to fall asleep. :lmao:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:

His pussy hurts again, so now he's going to whine until has drinks enough to fall asleep. :lmao:
Oh you are a naughty boy using the "pussy" word aren't you?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote:
Something you might want to look into instead of your fondness for wanking.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote:
hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote:
Something you might want to look into instead of your fondness for wanking.

Says the guy who walks around with his right arm in a sling :lmao:

Designer and Herb complain the thread has been bastardized by spurious information and then continue to blurb useless inconsequential fill ins like children. Simply because its now way over there heads and don't know what to say or how to reply to continue like the mechanical morons they are.

Sticking a rubber bung on a pipe might be good enough for you or even Chevrolet( ive seen it) its not good enough for me and Im offering ways to do it properly to the OP who asked for useful advice.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:
I don't know how long it would have lasted. about 2 years after I did that my wife ran over the bike and smashed the gas tank. I replaced it with one from an 87 that didn't have the nipple on it.
Mine has lasted over 18 years now. [space] It was easier by far. [emoji2]

Just slip on two Spring-type hose clamps I had onto a piece of hose from my cache of materials,.. slip a bolt in one end,..slip the other onto the Tank Pipe, slip on the two clamps,..done in about 30 seconds. [emoji106]

MUCH faster and Easier, and,...was we see,..is just as permanent as needed . ;)

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:
Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:
Mine has lasted over 18 years now. [space] It was easier by far. [emoji2]

Just slip on two Spring-type hose clamps I had onto a piece of hose from my cache of materials,.. slip a bolt in one end,..slip the other onto the Tank Pipe, slip on the two clamps,..done in about 30 seconds. [emoji106]

MUCH faster and Easier, and,...was we see,..is just as permanent as needed . ;)

A bolt in a bit of old pipe. Well there we go.

Would any fuel spilt into the pipe work through the threads of the bolt and leak.? of course it does.
That is the most unprofessional way imaginable. Please keep you concrete mixer builder tips to yourself.

Totally disregard this information. Do not use a bolt in a rubber pipe --

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Fred wrote: A bolt in a bit of old pipe. Well there we go. Would any fuel spilt into the pipe work through the threads of the bolt and leak.? of course it does. That is the most unprofessional way imaginable. Please keep you concrete mixer builder tips to yourself.
His pussy -still hurts ! :lmao:

The bolt used was a Partially Threaded Bolt,...therefore, the Clamp was on the UN-threaded portion.

So,...kindly disregard the whiny crap that freddie-boy spews. ;)

[emoji41]

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote:
Fred wrote: A bolt in a bit of old pipe. Well there we go. Would any fuel spilt into the pipe work through the threads of the bolt and leak.? of course it does. That is the most unprofessional way imaginable. Please keep you concrete mixer builder tips to yourself.

The bolt used was a Partially Threaded Bolt,...therefore, the Clamp was on the UN-threaded portion.

So,...kindly disregard the whiny crap that freddie-boy spews. ;) [emoji41]
Just wonderful engineering. Must look very professional.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: .......... STILL hurting! :lmao:
Designer wrote:
Fred wrote: A bolt in a bit of old pipe. Well there we go. Would any fuel spilt into the pipe work through the threads of the bolt and leak.? of course it does. That is the most unprofessional way imaginable. Please keep you concrete mixer builder tips to yourself. Totally disregard this information. Do not use a bolt in a rubber pipe --

So,...kindly disregard the whiny crap that freddie-boy spews. ;)

Now that we have successfully rebuked the stupid attack made by little freddie-boy,....,...here it comes!

Sound familiar?

:hahafinger:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Fred wrote:
Just wonderful engineering. Must look very professional.
:lmao: :lmao: professional, Like your Avatar? :lmao: :lmao:
Your P-trap is still mounted incorrectly, YFI. :lolfall: