How to gap the stator vs1400

micholmetal
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2001 vs1400glp

How to gap the stator vs1400

Post by micholmetal »

Was hoping someone could tell me how to gap the stator when the stator is in the cover plate. I bought a new stator and rectifier for my 2001 vs1400… and when I started it and rode it for about 10 mins , I checked after riding and the voltage had dropped from 12.6 v. when I started to 11.45 v. when I got off and checked it.
The only thing I can think could be wrong is I didn't gap the stator but not sure how to do that when the stator is mounted to the cover plate.
Or am i missing something else I should have done different when I installed the new one into the cover. I didn't see anyway to adjust anything . I have not got to ride yet this season and am wanting to go on a bike run in a few weeks and am pleading with you all for some guidance or help please. Thanks guys. This is my first intruder so I kinda new to the one and outs on this bike.. I have today off and would really like to get her done today.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: How to gap the stator vs1400

Post by hillsy »

The stator and rotor are fixed - you can't adjust their position in any way.

Sounds more like a wiring issue. Check all your grounds and the connections at the battery terminals.