Passenger peg lowering

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2007 S83 83 750Maxim 06 WR250

Passenger peg lowering

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

Any one use these? If so what is the drop from stock?
http://www.accessoryinternational.com/p ... uzuki.html
Thanks in advance, I have a set of lowering brackets but would like something a bit lower and that would accept stock pegs.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Passenger peg lowering

Post by Designer »

While I have no personal experience with them, I did see those on a couple of 1400's a while back, and the guys seemed to like them.

I might add. If you are planning on doing alot of Two-Up riding, I suggest you look into Aftermarket Shocks.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

Thanks for the input. I do a lot of 2 up riding just short day trips with the better half on the back. I just put a new Dunlop D404 on the back with the stock shocks set at preload 3 it rides great. The wife and I like it way more than with the kenda tire it came with but I have no idea of how old that was but it seemed to have a very hard sidewall. New shocks are in the budget but not this year.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

As to shocks,...If the stocks ones work, keep them. :ShitGrinandThumb:

My aftermarket suggestion was based on other guys riding Two-up and Loads of Gear in Saddle bags & Backrest bags.

Oh!,.....and,.....They were all people of,..."Generous Proportions", ...too. :bow:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

No light weight here 5'11" 215lbs won't guess at the wife's weight I like my head attached to my body :ShitGrin:. But she is 5'8 so that's why I'm looking for peg lowering. The riding we do I might put a few local micro brews or a bottle of wine in the saddle bags and no hwy all back roads 80kph to 100kph the wife gets nervous on the 4 lane hwys.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Uxbridge Brule wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:31 pm
No light weight here 5'11" 215lbs won't guess at the wife's weight I like my head attached to my body :ShitGrin:. But she is 5'8 so that's why I'm looking for peg lowering. The riding we do I might put a few local micro brews or a bottle of wine in the saddle bags and no hwy all back roads 80kph to 100kph the wife gets nervous on the 4 lane hwys.
My wife is only 4'11" but the pegs on the1400 were too high for her. The stock pegs had her knees so high and so far back that she was sitting on her tailbone and in about100 miles she was hurting really bad.

I"m a cheap bastid so I used some 1/4" strap iron I had and used aftermarket pegs to lower the pegs and move them forward. I actually bolted the 4 inch strap iron to the lower mount on the fender brace and used a 1/2" pipe nipple inside the brace. The system has worked well on 2 different 1400s for over 25 years on 2 different 1400s.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

My wife is only 4'11" but the pegs on the1400 were too high for her. The stock pegs had her knees so high and so far back that she was sitting on her tailbone and in about100 miles she was hurting really bad.

I"m a cheap bastid so I used some 1/4" strap iron I had and used aftermarket pegs to lower the pegs and move them forward. I actually bolted the 4 inch strap iron to the lower mount on the fender brace and used a 1/2" pipe nipple inside the brace. The system has worked well on 2 different 1400s for over 25 years on 2 different 1400s.
[/quote]

Any chance of a picture? I'm thinking of fabbing up a set as opposed to buying, cheap welder here. I can scrounge free bits from work but I'm more visual and can't quite understand what you did.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Here is a pic of the right-side passenger peg assembly. No welding is required but you can pretty up the bracket by rounding off the rough corners and painting it.

This drops the peg about 2" and moves it forward about1 1/2"

The thing to keep in mind is that I didn't want to damage the fender brace or the mount so I used a short 1/2" pipe nipple and ground it down to about 1/64" longer than the well on the brace. This makes for a good solid mount on the brace. We have been using this for over 25 years, on 2 different 1400s.

Oh, yeah, the bolt that I used is a hardened bolt from a disk brake assembly on an older dodge minivan but any bolt that gives full thread penetration of the frame mount will work.

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

Herb wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:28 pm
Here is a pic of the right-side passenger peg assembly. No welding is required but you can pretty up the bracket by rounding off the rough corners and painting it.

This drops the peg about 2" and moves it forward about1 1/2"

The thing to keep in mind is that I didn't want to damage the fender brace or the mount so I used a short 1/2" pipe nipple and ground it down to about 1/64" longer than the well on the brace. This makes for a good solid mount on the brace. We have been using this for over 25 years, on 2 different 1400s.

Oh, yeah, the bolt that I used is a hardened bolt from a disk brake assembly on an older dodge minivan but any bolt that gives full thread penetration of the frame mount will work.

Thanks, gives me some things to go on. Does your passenger use the higher pegs to get on the bike? And the lower to rest and stretch when on the road?
I'm out traveling but when I get back I will have a beer and contemplate what the next steps are. I will post pictures with the final results.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Actually, my wife is so short that she usuallly gets on the front seat and then scoots back. When she gets off she scoots down to the front seat to dismount. She finds that much easier.
however, I have used the pegs I put on to get on the bike to test them and I had no problem. I weighted 185 at the time.

My wife actually likes having the option of the 2 sets of pegs to change her riding position to relieve stiffness from the one position.

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

What we do to keep the good ladies in our life happy is a long list. The good ones deserve it, others not so much :hellfire: :fubird: :ShitGrin:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Yeah, well next month will be 53 years married to the same woman. Some bad times but much more good than bad.

Always been happy to make her happy.

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

Herb wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:35 am
Yeah, well next month will be 53 years married to the same woman. Some bad times but much more good than bad.

Hope the weather is good and you can start your 54th year with a ride. I'm in Alberta right now showing our kids where my wife and me honeymooned coming up on 19 years ago. I have the same thoughts today as back then "man I wish I had a motorcycle here".

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Uxbridge Brule wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:31 am
Herb wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:35 am

Hope the weather is good and you can start your 54th year with a ride. I'm in Alberta right now showing our kids where my wife and me honeymooned coming up on 19 years ago. I have the same thoughts today as back then "man I wish I had a motorcycle here".
Congrats on the upcoming anniversary.

I have been to a lot of places that I wished I had a bike.