Busting 10A fuse after bike is warm

wbmosier
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: VS1400GLP

Busting 10A fuse after bike is warm

Post by wbmosier »

Hello. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this yes I am busting 10a fuses sometimes After the bike gets hot. But definitely after the bike gets hot it won't start. I hit the button and the starter does not even click . After I let it cool down and/or replace the fuse Depending on whether it blew or not, It will start right up no problem. 99VS1400GLP

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Busting 10A fuse after bike is warm

Post by navigator »

Assuming it is the ignition fuse, check the wiring for chafed wires in that circuit. Pinched wires can easily occur under the seat. Also check all the connectors.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

All good advice from Navigator. :ShitGrinandThumb:

To be the best of Help, I would like to ask,....a little background please? :bow:

Had you done any repairing/ maintenance/ modifications/etc. just before this issue arose? :Umm:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

If this is the main fuse then the fuse is not big enough. It should be a 25A or 30A.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Have a close look at the fuse block, there should be an indication of circuits protected by each fuse, this will give you a place to start, As Hillsy said, the main fuse should be 25 amp. Have a look here for wiring schematics: https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=suzuki+i ... &ia=images
Grow old disgracefully young man.