Cutting S83 Handlebar clamp

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Cutting S83 Handlebar clamp

Post by Designer »

Pvt_Nemesis wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:05 am
No word on the upper triple clamp from Winters but found some interesting bars with 100mm separation between the risers. Out of stock here but this listing has better pics:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-26mm-Drag-T- ... 632-2357-0

Need to check the bolt fittings but should be able to adapt if needed. Risers still bend rearwards which alters seating/ergonomics BUT the wider grip spacing then pulls you back forward {the idea being to hang on your bones not your muscles so arma at full stretch).
Those are some mightyfine looking bars! I like the 'economy shipping' cost of only $1.99 That certainly is! :ShitGrin:

I wasn't aware that your Goal was to have your arms fully stretched and a forward-leaning posture. What is your reasoning for this?

The 1400 has what is sometimes called a "short cockpit'...meaning the Fork/Steering is somewhat close to the seat. So this Goal might be pretty hard to achieve.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2006 S83 Boulevard

Re: Cutting S83 Handlebar clamp

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Sorry, didn't mean leaning forward, upright at most but probably slightly backward, with full extended arms
Ya hya chouhada!