Anyone use Super Brught LED headlights?

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2007 S83 83 750Maxim 06 WR250

Anyone use Super Brught LED headlights?

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

Anyone use these bulbs?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle ... &year=2007

They are $45USD for 2 (I could put the other one in my rebuild project Maxim) $27USD for shipping and then taxes and customs $ when they get here thats around $110-120CDN total to get them. That is big money if they work I'd pay but... do they work in a stock headlight? And do they make a difference?
Any help would be great

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Anyone use Super Brught LED headlights?

Post by navigator »

I am using the Headwinds version:
https://www.headwinds.com/mm5/merchant. ... gory_Code=
It works very well.
All LED's require either a large heat sink or a fan to cool them.
The large heat sink on the back of the bulb will not fit a stock plastic headlight bucket.
You will need to get an aftermarket bucket and lamp assy. that will accept H4 bulbs.

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

Thanks for the heads up I'm looking for a plug and play option I really don't want to change the headlight bucket.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

They will not be as bright as a LED, but Silverstar Ultra are a good plug and play upgrade.

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

navigator wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:06 am
They will not be as bright as a LED, but Silverstar Ultra are a good plug and play upgrade.
I replaced the bulb at the end of last season with new bulb i will have to see what it was. It was brighter than the old one of unknown age. The dealer talked of a bulb that was super bright and was $70 but there were none in the country... blamed it on covid.

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

They weren't Silverstar Ultra they were
Drag Specialties Halogen Headlight Bulb Superwhite 55/60W - H4.
I was wanting LED for the brightness AND the power saving I want to run heated grips this spring and don't want to over tax the system/battery. It has been a crappy winter and want to get on the road early and ride last this year. :ShitGrinandThumb:

BABIS
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: VS1400

Post by BABIS »

Uxbridge Brule wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:13 am
Anyone use these bulbs?

They are $45USD for 2 (I could put the other one in my rebuild project Maxim) $27USD for shipping and then taxes and customs $ when they get here thats around $110-120CDN total to get them. That is big money if they work I'd pay but... do they work in a stock headlight? And do they make a difference?
Any help would be great
I have this on the VS800 and it is a good product. I have all their leds on the 1400 but I felt their H4 was not right to be in close contact with all the wirings inside the headlamp
We declare that the splendour of the world has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed. A racing automobile with its bonnet adorned with great tubes like serpents with explosive breath ... a roaring motor car which seems to run on machine-gun fire is more beautiful than the Victory of Samothrace.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Uxbridge Brule wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:53 am
......I was wanting LED for the brightness AND the power saving I want to run heated grips this spring and don't want to over tax the system/battery. ....
About this.....In researching Heated Grips,...I found they do next-to-nothing for the back of your hands and fingers, which are what is directly in the Heat-removing wind.

I use Gerbig's Heated Glove Liners and slip an UN -insulated leather Gauntlet over them . :ShitGrinandThumb: They draw only 27 watts and are REALLY warm. So much so that I now have a rheostat to Dial-in the most comfortable temperature for condidiotns.

With these heated liners, you don't need insulation, so don't buy their insulated/heated gloves....insulation makes for more clumsy/less accurate manipulation of the Brake/Clutch Levers and Throttle.

Here's a review of them;
https://thewarmestgloves.com/gerbing-he ... ove-liners

Do watch out for the Fan-cooled LED Headlight Lamps!! They dump the heat allll over the wires. And on a really hot day, could be trouble.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

Thanks for the heads up on the glove liners Designer those are out of stock right now but I have something to research during this crappy winter.

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

BABIS wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:07 am
Uxbridge Brule wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:13 am
Anyone use these bulbs?

Any help would be great
I have this on the VS800 and it is a good product. I have all their leds on the 1400 but I felt their H4 was not right to be in close contact with all the wirings inside the headlamp
Did you get their "flasher relay" or make your own? I have Amazon LED's in the instrument panel and love them I can now see if I left my flasher on in bright daylight

BABIS
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: VS1400

Post by BABIS »

Uxbridge Brule wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:37 am
Did you get their "flasher relay" or make your own? I have Amazon LED's in the instrument panel and love them I can now see if I left my flasher on in bright daylight
i have their flasher https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... e/787/842/

I have just changed the connector housing from 3 pin to 2 pin
We declare that the splendour of the world has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed. A racing automobile with its bonnet adorned with great tubes like serpents with explosive breath ... a roaring motor car which seems to run on machine-gun fire is more beautiful than the Victory of Samothrace.

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2006 S83 Boulevard

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Ive fitted an eBay plug n play LED; no problems at all. It's a tight fit in the headlight bucket (but still room for 2 X relay to flash the running lights as indicators), no heat damage to the wiring.

It is important to remember that the stock lens to the headlight is NOT designed for the multiple point sources that these lamps provide. The focusing effect is therefore a bit fuzzy. However i do little night riding beyond city illumination so the aim was the increased visibility it gave me with a 6500K brightness.
Ya hya chouhada!