Brake bleed issues.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Brake bleed issues.

Post by Herb »

I went to the link above to see what was advertised. Looks like a pretty good deal...

While there I started scrolling down just to see what is advertised. I came across the following... People are ingenious when it comes to finding was to make money...

What is really odd is that the lable only says it is good for bacteria but the pox is a virus...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185427004470?_ ... 8045582803
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 1400

Re: Brake bleed issues.

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

Designer wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:42 am
00Vs1400GLP wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:47 pm
Well…. I finally got the caliper back apart and cleaned out the last bit of corrosion I saw in it. Got my test ride in and… oily residue on the brake rotor again. However, you all have led me to inspect things further. I noticed today that my right fork is leaking. I just tore the forks apart about a month and a half ago and cleaned them up and installed brand new seals. There is a bit of potting on them that I noticed today that is a bit deep. I can catch the tip of my mechanics pick in it and it looks like it goes below the line of the seal when the bikes weight is on it. I now believe that it is fork oil I am finding on the rotor. This thing is making my head hurt.
I hear you about .."making my head hurt". You certainly have been "put through the wringer" here! :space: I admire your stamina.

Question come to my mind is,...how many more times do you want to redo this Fork? Filling those "pits" and sanding them is certainly a temporary Fix,...at best. :space: You'll soon be back in there, replacing seals/repairing AGAIN,. when The Fix fails you.

May I suggest,....this just might be a cost-effective way to obtain the Fork Tube you need: :bow:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/312139495333?h ... SwhIZa~xfL
Thanks for the link. I appreciate you taking the time to look for it. I had already been searching eBay and, while I didn’t see that one in particular, I found a pair of forks that seem to be in good condition. Coincidently, they are from the same seller. I requested some further information from them, and if it all checks out I am going to get the pair. My left fork has pitting also, so I might as well get ahead of it.
On a positive note, the brake seemed to hold pressure! Turns out it was probably good all along.