Backfiring

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Backfiring

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:40 pm
Dude- you fucking started it. I said you should be able to hear a leaking header gasket and then you started rambling on about not being able to hear it because you were 3 feet away ....or loud pipes ....or you had a bog roll stuck in your ear or something.... endless bickering? You're it, son...
Sorry hillsy,...but you are WRONG AGAIN.

It was YOU that Started it,....you made your asinine ASS-umption that this Tech/Help Thread was some sort of Game to "play"..
hillsy wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:54 pm
Alright - if you want to keep playing...
As if it is a "contest" ;
Designer wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:52 pm
hillsy wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:25 pm
Designer wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:14 pm
Since you continue to display such chosen ignorance and "I Am The Burning Bush"' attitude,...it is YOU that is not helping.
Sorry - I offered probably the most helpful advice in the whole thread .....
hillsy,..This is not some sort of "contest" where you are trying to be "The One" who posts the most helpful advice.

Then you continued to drag it down with your "need" to ridicule my sensible suggestion of using a Tube to focus in on listening to see if there was an Exhaust Leak;
hillsy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:55 am
Do me a favor - post a pic of you standing 3 feet away from your bike with a paper towel roll stuck to your ear whilst trying to listen for exhaust leaks :lmao:
hillsy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:32 am
Maybe you should take the paper towel roll out of your ears then.... :lmao:

A Suggested Idea that was backed up As A Viable Technique by Lechy;
Lechy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:39 am
I ain't ever used a bog roll to troubleshoot, but a meter of fuel line is real handy as a poor man's stethoscope.
Which, when he posted his Experience,...Shut You Up on that Shit you had posted RIGHT AWAY..

I don't know why you insist on posting Ridiculing and Needless Confrontation and Argument,.... but please,.... for the sake of The Tech Board, will you please stop?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Lechy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:32 pm
ferfuxake, all I did was to point out one possible cause of backfiring which hadn't been addressed in this thread and all hell breaks loose.
Apparently the new normal. :bonk:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 7:13 am
Lechy wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:32 pm
ferfuxake, all I did was to point out one possible cause of backfiring which hadn't been addressed in this thread and all hell breaks loose.
Apparently the new normal. :bonk:
I would like to say it isn't..... but after what we see hillsy has done to several other Tech Threads, it just might be. :Umm:

I have asked for him to stop his Argumentative, Confrontational and Ridiculing Attitude.

Let's see if my asking him politely as I did in my last message will have it's Intended Constructive Effect this time.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

:funnylast:

OMG - always the innocent one, eh Springy?

:Cool:

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 1400

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

I rode to work today and now have more information to add. Rev’ed the engine a little at a stop light and it took it’s sweet time getting back down to idle. I’m pulling the carbs as soon as I get a chance. On the bright side, I got a new seat cover so I can re-upholster the seats and back rest pad and lose the duct tape that is covering the seat now.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

00Vs1400GLP wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:36 pm
I rode to work today and now have more information to add. Rev’ed the engine a little at a stop light and it took it’s sweet time getting back down to idle. I’m pulling the carbs as soon as I get a chance. On the bright side, I got a new seat cover so I can re-upholster the seats and back rest pad and lose the duct tape that is covering the seat now.
Could be a number of things causing the hanging idle but in the meantime you can check for air leaks at the intake rubbers by spraying a bit of starter fluid / brake cleaner on the rubbers whilst the bike is idling and see if the revs increase. Obviously - don't try this on a red hot engine and use the fluid sparingly - you are using flammable liquids after all so take appropriate care.

Good news on the seat covers though - it's nice not sitting on duct tape :ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

00Vs1400GLP wrote:
Some good News! Have you re-covered these seats before? I have found that the plastic Seat Base is pretty hard and it resists taking Staples.
To overcome that, I used one of those Staple Guns that has the Trigger Handle that gets "fired" over the end where the Staples come out. Like this type;

This type works better because your hand pressure pushes down where the Staples exit and the Staples go deeper into the plastic Seat Base.
The other kind (you see most of) the staples "kick back" and slightly lift the Staple Gun and don't go in as far as you need .
The Electric ones work pretty well too. But tend to be more costly.

What happened to the Back Fire you experienced? Has it's "character" changed any now with this new Higher Idle Speed issue?

And since hillsy won't, let me apologize for how hillsy has Dragged Down your Thread,...several times in fact.
As can be seen in his postings, he has Personal Issues,.... and cannot control his "need" for Ridicule and Personal Attack.

I asked him to Please Stop It for the sake of the Tech Board,....but was we see,...he has yet to Rise Above such Impulsive Childish Immaturity.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:10 am

And since hillsy won't, let me apologize for how hillsy has Dragged Down your Thread,...several times in fact.
As can be seen in his postings, he has Personal Issues,.... and cannot control his "need" for Ridicule and Personal Attack.

I asked him to Please Stop It for the sake of the Tech Board,....but was we see,...he has yet to Rise Above such Impulsive Childish Immaturity.
:funnylast: Unreal - just keeps bringing the shit up but he's NEVER the problem....

:lmao:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

00Vs1400GLP wrote:
sticking throttle cable or a vacuum leak.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:45 am
00Vs1400GLP wrote:
sticking throttle cable or a vacuum leak.
I was thinking along those same lines as you, Herb, hence asking the question I did.

Let's see what he says.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

00Vs1400GLP wrote:
On the bright side, I got a new seat cover so I can re-upholster the seats and back rest pad and lose the duct tape that is covering the seat now.

My advice on the seat recovering - assuming you are doing both seats you could be putting in up to 100 staples (to do it properly) so if I was to do another one I would probably get an electric stapler. My manual one cost me around $20 but I can get an electric one for about $45.

Plus with the electric you can concentrate more on getting the vinyl in the right spot to staple rather than having to also operate the gun like you have to with a manual one.

And these small spring clamps are really handy to keep the cover in the right position while you staple. You can get them for real cheap at pretty much any hardware store

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Well! We see hillsy finally his doing what I asked him to do and is controlling his "need" for Ridicule and Personal Attack.

Thank you hillsy, for your compliance with my politely asked request to Please Stop It for the sake of the Tech Board.

00Vs1400GLP, To save you more of your Hard-earned dollars, you can recover your seat without the purchase of clamps

The Stapler I showed you (with the Lever Pressure Point over the Staple Exit End) does a terrific job of stretching the fabric into place without those.
What My Experience showed me is that I staple one side with about 3-4 staples, then stretch the fabric on the over side using hand pressure, then downward pressure from the Staple Gun as a "clamp" before shooting the staple.
Then go to the front of the Seat and tack the fabric in there, then go to the back of the seat and stretch the fabric and staple it. then it's just a matter of stretching/stapling the rest of the fabric between those 4 points of stapled fabric.

You may need a beer to help you if your hand gets a little tired and needs some "strengthening"...but the money you save in not buying a Electric Stapler will cover that.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

:funnylast:

Its not "fabric" you numpty - it's vynil with a woven backing and its not always that easy to stretch. Quite easy to get it in the wrong spot of you are not careful - hence the clamp suggestion.

Sure - the electric stapler is a "luxury" - but having done a bunch by hand myself I know it would be a good thing to have.

And fuck off with your apology bullshit :fubird:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:55 am
Its not "fabric" you numpty - it's vynil with a woven backing and its not always that easy to stretch. Quite easy to get it in the wrong spot of you are not careful - hence the clamp suggestion.
:uhh:
Since hillsy has shown us all that He Is Incapable Of Controlling His Impulsive Need and Stoops Back Down to Ridicule AGAIN,...I will apologize to everyone for his Childish Behavior.
The rest of his attack above is not worthy of addressing. :dunno:

hillsy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:55 am
Sure - the electric stapler is a "luxury" - but having done a bunch by hand myself I know it would be a good thing to have.
That's nice,...for you.
However, someone who would recover a seat only once, would probably like to SAVE THE MONEY on that purchase and the purchase of those Clamps,......don't you think that should considered?

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 am

However, someone who would recover a seat only once, would probably like to SAVE THE MONEY on that purchase and the purchase of those Clamps,......don't you think that should considered?
Could end up being costly if you fuck it up.

Choice is always with the user - but advice from people who have done the work is what this is all about :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:28 am
Designer wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 am
Could end up being costly if you fuck it up. Choice is always with the user - but advice from people who have done the work is what this is all about
Thank you for doing as you were asked to do,...and not posting the ridiculing as you have.

And advice as I have given is indeed from one who has ...done the work.....Several times in fact.....all of them successfully.

And all those times done without the expense of Clamps, nor Electric Staple Gun.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:56 am

And advice as I have given is indeed from one who has ...done the work.....Several times in fact.....all of them successfully.

And all those times done without the expense of Clamps, nor Electric Staple Gun.
Judging from your previous posts, I would doubt you've ever done this work...

Anyway - if nothing else clamps are stupid cheap - worth the few $$ to ensure you have the cover in the right plave before you staple it IMO.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:23 am
Designer wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:56 am
And advice as I have given is indeed from one who has ...done the work.....Several times in fact.....all of them successfully. And all those times done without the expense of Clamps, nor Electric Staple Gun.
Judging from your previous posts, I would doubt you've ever done this work...
Well,...judging from your lack of observational accuracy from previous posts,..along with your constant "need" to attack and ridicule,..you render this "opinion" as wrong as you were when you mislead LSU Tiger about solving his Clutch problems

Second,...had you done Due Diligence before crapping this shit on Our Tech Board,...you would have seen the Seat on Both of my Choppers.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1193&start=81
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1193&start=119

hillsy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:23 am
Anyway - if nothing else clamps are stupid cheap - worth the few $$ to ensure you have the cover in the right plave before you staple it IMO.
Having the Covering Fabric in the right place when done is accomplished by placing it there, and tacking it, then checking it before stapling it all down.
All can be done without the use of clamps,...that you DIDN'T need to spend you hard-earned money on.
My two examples posted above Prove that method works....well,....for those who are better able,...that is.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:57 am

Second,...had you done Due Diligence before crapping this shit on Our Tech Board,...you would have seen the Seat on Both of my Choppers.
I've seen pics of both of your choppers - and to be honest from the stuff you've posted in the tech folders I seriously doubt you've actually done work on either of them - let alone actually built them.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:45 am
Designer wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:57 am
I've seen pics of both of your choppers - and to be honest from the stuff you've posted in the tech folders I seriously doubt you've actually done work on either of them - let alone actually built them.
Again,....I apologize to everyone for his Ridicule, Attack and Derision. Even after being asked several times now,..hillsy shows us all what a Weak Person he is,..... He just cannot STOP this very poor, immature behavior of his.

hillsy, I can post about 100 ( A HUNDRED) pictures of my fabrications of both Choppers. :space: But given your Very Sick Mindset, I doubt you would accept them all.

There are others on this Board from the Purple Board that can verify and back up that YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN....that I did do all that work to make both those Choppers. It was WELL photo documented on the Tech Board there in very long "build" Threads.

Please,...stop being The Asshole you choose to be,.........stop Dragging Down Our Tech Board with all the MANY Threads you ruin.