Hagar Motor fork tool

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 1400

Hagar Motor fork tool

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

Big thanks to the Hagar Moto videos on forks. I made my damper tool with a pool que like he suggested. Worked great.
A bit of advice for those that try it. If you have to take the forks apart a second time or reuse the “tool” for any reason, make sure there are no cracks in the wood. I found out today that it is not fun trying to get the broken end of a pool que out of the forks when to Allen bolt is just spinning the damper and not coming out. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Anyway, the videos have been super helpful so thanks for putting them on YouTube.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Hagar Motor fork tool

Post by hillsy »

I think I've only ever used a damper rod holder once in all my years of pulling forks apart. Impact gun on the allen bolt with the springs in place and the fork caps on works pretty much every time.

00Vs1400GLP
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 1400

Post by 00Vs1400GLP »

hillsy wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:56 pm
I think I've only ever used a damper rod holder once in all my years of pulling forks apart. Impact gun on the allen bolt with the springs in place and the fork caps on works pretty much every time.
That’s what I did for this one since I didn’t have anything to hold it. Glad to hear it might not fall apart while I’m riding.

HAGARMOTO
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1987 Thumpa and 1997 VS1400

Post by HAGARMOTO »

00Vs1400GLP wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:53 am
Big thanks to the Hagar Moto videos on forks. I made my damper tool with a pool que like he suggested. Worked great.
A bit of advice for those that try it. If you have to take the forks apart a second time or reuse the “tool” for any reason, make sure there are no cracks in the wood. I found out today that it is not fun trying to get the broken end of a pool que out of the forks when to Allen bolt is just spinning the damper and not coming out. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Anyway, the videos have been super helpful so thanks for putting them on YouTube.
You are most Welcome. A complete red neck solution but the wood is soft and wont hurt the damper rod ;)

Best wishes!