Clutch help

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: Clutch help

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:22 pm
Hyd fluid and brake fluid are 2 different things.

I worked around heavy equipment and ran dozers for many years. We bought hyd fluid in 55 gallon drums and it was NEVER thrown away after using out of it.
:clap:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Thank you Herb for your Clarification. :space: May I take it that the Hydraulic Fluid (not brake fluid) you speak of s not Hydroscopic?

I am speaking of Brake Fluid. :space: I do see that I used the words interchangeably because Brake Fluid is a Hydraulic Fluid . :space: But since the beginning, what We have been talking about has been Brake Fluid. :space: :space: Sad that hillsy keeps up his Obfuscation Tactics that he uses with discussions with DevilsFan and others on the Covid and Elections threads to mess this Thread up .

About the Brake Fluid we have been discussing,....Here is what a Professional has said about it's hydroscopic quality and the problems about it;

MOISTURE FROM YOUR BRAKE FLUID CAN CAUSE FAILURE
Posted on 3/21/2016
Q. Over the past few years, I've had an auto repair shop tell me the brake fluid needed to be flushed in the car since the oxidation level was high. Is this something that needs to be done, or is really unnecessary? I've been tinkering with cars for about 35 years, and I don't ever recall this problem in cars of yore.

A. Great question! You did not share what kind of car you have or how many miles it has on it, so I will speak to this generally.
The brake fluid system of today's automobile is very complex, especially when equipped with traction control and anti-lock brakes. Even if you do not have these features, it is very important that the brake fluid be clean and free of moisture and other contamination.

Why Is Moisture in the Fluid a Problem?

Moisture in the brake fluid can cause problems because it lowers the boiling point and it can cause corrosion in the braking system. Repairs can get expensive if bad fluid corrodes calipers, brake lines and parts in anti-lock brake system (ABS) controllers. A lower boiling point reduces brake performance in severe braking conditions, such as driving down a mountain road. Although you’ve downshifted into a lower gear, you find you still have to apply a heavy foot to the brake pedal to keep your speed controlled, which heats the brakes and fluid, causing it to boil and form vapor pockets.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I really don't give a damn what others say. I have been servicing brakes since I was 12 and as long as the container is kept well capped it will not draw moisture for a long time. As long as the brake fluid is clear it is not contaminated.

Pretty damn simple.

Bleeding all of the brakes and the clutch I use about half a container and I damn well am not throwing it out. You do what you think is best.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Got It Herb! :ShitGrinandThumb:

And thanks for your Input too. :bow:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!