It was all OEm except for cobra slash cut slip ons
Bike pulls hard, idles a bit erratic, and surges at 30 40mph 2k 3krpms
Carbs cleaned and synced many times,,,LOL

Upgrades in bike now'
K&N dropins
factory pro pilot jets 57.5 52.5 factory pro needles 3rd position
Dynatek 3000 set to 6500k and curve 4
Cobra 2in drags

All upgrades have been in bike except for today the pipes went on, the dynatek ironed out all the surging BTW
MIx screws 3 turns out, sync checked and close

I WANT TO BE CLEAR, THIS BIKE HAS NOT BEEN TUNED YET AT ALL WITH NEW PARTS

Bike fired up and uninpressed with cobra drag pipe sound, not much more at all from the slash cuts and definetly less torque, as I took off I I noticed some clanging like banging metal, checked the pipes looked good, I felt it may have been a baffle, took off for ride and bike is smooth but lacks power and Im hearing clanking,,,about 5 min into the ride I heard a clank and the sound stopped, the bike got louder and FASTER,,,,,I went back cause I thought I droped a baffle and sure enough the front cylinder baffle on side of road, picked it up and rode on, NOW bike is louder and faster for sure and still smooth,,,,

So what is this telling us? for now I want loud and fast LOL,,,,,I thinking tomorrow remove other baffle and tune bike with no baffles,,,,why is bike faster, was I getting too much fuel? was the drag pipe restrictive?
Is it possible I can get better performance baffles less? and tune the bike for that?

I may try the thunder monster baffles, but frankly I like the sound and speed without baffles now

I am open to ideas an suddestions as to why this bike ran much better like this

TY all

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: The upgrades are in!

Post by sgtcall »

You could just drill a 3/8 (or so) hole in the baffles to get an in between sound. Depending on where you live to loud may cause the cops to take notice.

For the idle issue try running 2-3 ounces of seafoam with each tank of gas for 3 tanks.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

sky02
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: VS1400 93

Post by sky02 »

3 turns on both carbs with that jets, standard airbox and baffles in pipes is way to much especially on rear, you were way to rich thats why she started to run better without baffle. Read my post in your original thread. Running without baffles in drag pipes will give you some high end so top speed but will rob you of that nice low and middle kick in your spine when you twist the throttle somwhere at 2500-3500 rpms.

thedaydreamer
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2000 Intruder VS1400

Post by thedaydreamer »

sky02 wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:26 pm
3 turns on both carbs with that jets, standard airbox and baffles in pipes is way to much especially on rear, you were way to rich thats why she started to run better without baffle. Read my post in your original thread. Running without baffles in drag pipes will give you some high end so top speed but will rob you of that nice low and middle kick in your spine when you twist the throttle somwhere at 2500-3500 rpms.
It may be, but fact pro said to start there, at 3 turns,,,,its really funny that when the baffle popped out you could feel the increase
I think tomorrow Ill hook sync up and adjust sync and mixture screws to see where the highest smoothest idle is, ill listen to the bike and see how she behaves

do you think the mixture screws are really affecting on throttle performance? arent they largley for idle mix and play a small part in on throttle performance?