Thank you for your help with my 2002 VS1400 Intruder

Rockdoc
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2002 VS1400GLP

Thank you for your help with my 2002 VS1400 Intruder

Post by Rockdoc »

Back in May of this year my son died of brain cancer. I'd already lost my wife to breast cancer in 2011 and this latest death had really left me distraught. A friend sold me his 2002 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder. I actually bought the bike as a project to get my mind off losing my son. I promptly named it my Suzuki Distraction, and what a distraction it's been!

Thanks all y'all, for your helpful advice in getting my Suzuki Distraction back on the road. I bought the bike after it'd sat unridden for 5-6 years in a large storage shed. After cleaning both carbs with carburetor cleaner three separate times, as well as resetting the concealed pilot screws in both carbs, and I must not forget synchronizing the carbs over and over and over again (like every time I worked on the carbs), the bike is finally running great! Just in time for winter... However, I live in SE Arizona so I've still been able to ride it, for now anyhow. I live at 4,650' so it stays about 10 degrees cooler here than in Tucson 60 miles away.

Anyhow, thanks again for all y'all's help, not only by answering my specific questions but also for questions answered for other folks with problems similar to mine.

Steve

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Thank you for your help with my 2002 VS1400 Intruder

Post by sgtcall »

You are welcome, that's what the site if for. That said, we have plenty of other topics on here you may be able to add your expertise and experience to. Just try to ignore the battles if you can.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Thank you for your help with my 2002 VS1400 Intruder

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:39 pm
You are welcome, that's what the site if for. That said, we have plenty of other topics on here you may be able to add your expertise and experience to. Just try to ignore the battles if you can.
Or join in on them... They can be fun.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.