Windscreen recomendations

Rockdoc
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2002 VS1400GLP

Windscreen recomendations

Post by Rockdoc »

Now that it's getting colder I'm finally riding my Suzuki Intruder (my Suzuki Distraction). I live at 4,650' in SE Arizona, so it's about 10 degrees cooler here than in nearby Tucson. The last few days the highs were in the upper 50's to low 60's. Not bad, but it would be a lot better with a windscreen. My friend here has a real low windscreen which he said is designed to push the air way above the height of the screen and over the top of his head (the screen is adjustable for that but damned spendy). I don't need anything so fancy but it'd be nice if it wasn't too ugly. If it comes to it I can always wear my one piece snow mobile suit and helmet but then I'm pretty much stuck wearing it after I reach my destination.

Any ideas?

Steve

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Windscreen recomendations

Post by sgtcall »

I can only recommend the Memphis Shades Slim, I had one on my Intruder and it was a good wind screen. You can also add deflectors if you need them. I am not sure if I had the 15" or 17" but I think the 15" would be fine. Mine had the dark tint coming up from the bottom and fading to clear.

https://memphisshades.com/collections/s ... 3479791564

Here is what mine looked like.

If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I have the memphis shades slim also but mine is clear. I broke it once and it was easy to get a replacement.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

+1000 on the Memphis Shades slim...15" high.
You want to look over it, not through it.