Can anyone name this front end kit?

dogboy
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: VS1400

Can anyone name this front end kit?

Post by dogboy »

Better to be Dead and Cool than Alive and Uncool...

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Can anyone name this front end kit?

Post by navigator »

It is not a Seeger setup.
It may be AME, but I am unsure. I've never seen a spacer between the fork lowers and the fender, indicating the space between the tubes is wider than your stock 1400.
Regardless of make, you can get fork tubes here:
https://franksforks.com/

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

The axle spacing is also a bit weird.

sky02
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: VS1400 93

Post by sky02 »

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

sky02 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:49 pm
https://intruderteam.de/epages/22128.sf ... oer/Suzuki

One of the german wide ones..?
Maybe, but the triple tree shape, cable hole locations are different...and fender spacers from what I see in your link. :dunno: :confused:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

I checked both Thunderbike and AME and neither has this style of Shape/Machining of the Triple Tree.

But then, this is an older fork, and it possible it could be from them. However, back in 2003, I did extensive searching for Faked/Extended Forks back when I put the Thunderbike Fork on my Black Thunder Chopper ( my Stock Framed one) and I do not recall seeing this from any of the Custom Chopper Parts Shops that time nor afterwards when I was Chopping my other 1400..

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

They look like stock fork lowers so maybe this is a homemade kit? Either way - Franks for replacement stanchions as Nav suggested - measure and order.

dogboy
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: VS1400

Post by dogboy »

Thanks to everyone so far...

But in the meantime, I pulled the forks apart and the tubes are 41mm 29 inches.

I believe the stock ones are 41mm 25.87 inches.

The lowers do look stock.

The steering stops on the trees don't do anything. The trees hit the tank. So maybe they're HD Trees with 41mm x 29 inch forks?

The bearings in the neck are stock also. But the steering stem is Not Stock. I still can't see how the PO got it all to work.

I'm going to order 29 inch fork tubes. Thanks for the links.

And make steering stops with larger diameter bumpers so the tank doesnt get dinged.

Thanks Again.
Better to be Dead and Cool than Alive and Uncool...

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

dogboy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:25 am
Thanks to everyone so far... But in the meantime, I pulled the forks apart and the tubes are 41mm 29 inches.
I believe the stock ones are 41mm 25.87 inches. The lowers do look stock.
You are Welcome. Glad you posted this. It looks like you have an Old School Chopper project going. My favored style.
Indeed, those are Stock Lowers. And 3 inches longer than Stock tubes ought not to cause you any Rake/Trail issues as far as handling goes. Can you tell if the Triple Trees are raked? I have 5 inch over Stock Tubes on my Stock-Framed Chopper but it required the Trees to be raked 4 degrees for proper handling
dogboy wrote:
.......The steering stops on the trees don't do anything. The trees hit the tank.......And make steering stops with larger diameter bumpers so the tank doesn't get dinged.
Being the Triple Trees are this Wide, the necessary stops to prevent Tank contact might be a hindrance as to overall turning Radius. An issue you would probably encounter only at low speeds, but one to note.
dogboy wrote:
.....The bearings in the neck are stock also. But the steering stem is Not Stock. I still can't see how the PO got it all to work.
Aftermarket Steering Stems can appear very different than Stock. I can attest to that in both of my choppers. That he had Stock Bearings is all to the better.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

If it was my bike and I was going to shell out for new fork stanchions I'd probably return the whole thing to stock. You could probably get a complete set of 2nd hand forks and clamps off eBay for less than what you would pay for new stanchions alone.