1400 wiring rip out job.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

1400 wiring rip out job.

Post by Fred »

Its some time ago now that I ripped out a lot of the black boxes and diodes that no one knows where it is or what it does,-- fuel pump relay de comp timers and lots of black boxes N stuff.

The bike still runs on its ignition module with warnings and all the lights it came with, just no side stand and clutch rubbish.
With no kick start a failure or break down could mean a long walk home or even abandoning the bike in the sticks.

I had a few Pm from the purple but its a lot of work for just one person, any one interested.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: 1400 wiring rip out job.

Post by YoDude »

Making a bike your own is something to be proud of. I prefer to leave is as stock as I can while changing or removing boltable items that still leave the bike revertable to stock. As far as hacking up the wiring, I figure all that stuff is there for a reason, else it wouldn't be there. While the clutch switch isn't a necessity, it is a safety item. It also allows priming the carbs.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: 1400 wiring rip out job.

Post by Fred »

Well first of all its not hacking its a simplification and full removal of the wires not hacking with paper clips.

If you have a nice 2000 model I could not agree with you more but some still have older models , mine is an 87 I live in Thailand and I can get nothing t unless I fly stuff in. My knowledge is such that I can remove those items and use new circuits to drive the fuel pump that if you understand the pump it draws minuscule ampage.
The early bikes did not have a priming fasclity (if thats what it is) it works when you put the ign on,---whats wrong with that. The clutch switch I find annoying, ok it stops you from starting in gear,--the neutral inhibitor is still there. Personaly speaking when I press the start switch its because I want to start the engine --I don't need another switch telling me I cant.

Ok I'lle not force it on you --we will forget about that then.