Engine Dies at idle

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Engine Dies at idle

Post by Herb »

A good sync will make a huge difference in the performance.

After you sync it, if the bike still doesn't run quite right, pull the plugs, after a long ride to see what they look like. If they are really white it may be running a little lean in the mid range.

Because of the exhaust and intake mods you may need to add a little extra fuel. If the sync doesn't do the job you might try raising the needles a little bit. I am running V&H Classic II's and have drilled holes in the air boxes. I had to pull the needles and since mine have only one groove in them I put the plastic spacer that is on top of them below the c clip. Made a huge difference in the performance.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

You have messed with the intakes messed with the exhaust and messed with the carbs and you say it dont run right. I wonder why--

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Just an update, in case I didn't tell ya'll how the S83 is doing. It seems to be back to its normal self, only better. Haven't checked to see how the mpg is, not really that much of an issue to me. Gas stations can be few and far between out here in west central TX so the only concern I have is running short on a round trip to nowhere. Now that winter is gone (short season here [emoji106] ), heart attack episode is history and 4 yo granddaughter is back home in OK think I will get time to ride both the S83 and the C50T more. Miles and Smiles to you all! :cheers: