Question: Speedo lights

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Question: Speedo lights

Post by Jolsen »

The wled-x5 is correct for the speedometer light

While you're in there the wled-x6 fit the idiot lights. Since you have to remove both to do one might as well do both.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

There is a few threads about this but lacking pictures. You're a post whore. I'm a photo whore. Please me :smile: :cheers: :tongue:
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

I used #24 T6.5 wedge base LEDs, but I just did the instrument panel. I preferred the standard dim backlight on the speedo (my preference). I believe I ordered from superbrightleds.com. Mine is an '06 with 4-way flashers so no additional diodes needed for turn signals. At least I can see these in the daylight. Haven't tried the wled-x6 but looks like those may be even brighter.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

That is 20 cheap bulbs. I learned with electronics you get what you pay for.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

With LEDs the solder goes 1st so will work for a bit then break loose.I ddon't know who ssolders worse me or chinnesse kids. I have gotten a lot better. They still suck.

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

I ordered mine from here.
http://www.superbrightbulbs.com/74.htm

I ordered the 5-LED #24 T6.5 1 Red, 1 Blue, 2 Greens @$6.99 each. These were a perfect drop-in. I did this mod a couple years ago (didn't take pictures). I never regretted switching to these. The incandescent filament bulbs were just too hard to see in the daytime, especially the turn signal indicator. The 3-led version would probably be close in brightness being 2 of the 5 leds in mine are mounted on the sides near the socket. But I ran with these anyway. I can't speak for the wled 6x 194 base, never tried them.

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

Keith - superbrightleds.com and superbrightbulbs.com are different. The latter has a better selection, IMO. That is, unless the selection has changed recently.

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

Yeah, the site's a bit confusing at first until you get familiar with it. :shock:

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Have two of these leds in my bike speedo now. Nice blue glow. Anyone know when one bulb became two in the speedo? Remember your polarity... Thanks, Keith.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)