Where is the clutch hose ?

vorgath
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki 1400 Intruder

Where is the clutch hose ?

Post by vorgath »

I need a longer clutch hose, due to 10 inch ape hangers. I can of course see where it's attached to the hand leveler, but then it goes in by the oil cooler, and that's where I got lost.

Do I have to remove the oil cooler ? The manual doesn't state so. I removed the seat and the gas tank (only to spill lots of fuel due to a leaking gas cap .. FML !!)

Can anyone describe more exactly where the hose goes, underneath the seat ? Underneath the tank ? I only want to remove the hose, so I can get a new hose and brake line made. Or show it on a pic ?

Any help would be highly appreciated

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Re: Where is the clutch hose ?

Post by Spitfire »

Maybe this will help....

:HatTip:

vorgath
Tricycles are Cool

Post by vorgath »

May have to look on my phone lol, this computer won't show the image

vorgath
Tricycles are Cool

Post by vorgath »

:rock: thank you very much !!!!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

If you end up having problems getting the clutch to work again when you go to bleed it, lets us know as we can help with that as well.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

vorgath
Tricycles are Cool

Post by vorgath »

I do actually need help with another issue regarding this.

For those who installed a new hose, did you route it the same way ? Mine took a lot to pull out from where it goes in by the oil cooler.

But main issue was I could not pull it through the tree, the bored out hole is smaller than the end fitting that connects to the hardline by the seat.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Don't route it the original way then you don't need a new one. keep it away from the exhaust and take it up behind the fuel pump along under the tank.

I made a sold copper pipe that terminates under the top of the tank where it fits into a brake pipe terminus block bought from a car shop. Couple of meter of copper pipe soldered into a banjo union and a compression fitting at the terminus, A simple flexi pipe from there to the Master cylinder completed the job.

Result is a better feel and a cheaper flexi available from any ubiquitous motor cycle or auto shop.

vorgath
Tricycles are Cool

Post by vorgath »

Thanks guys.

I do need help with one more thing. Extended the electrical wires on the left side, and I have wires missing, that's what it looks like.

Underneath the clutch handle there's two prongs, to send the signal hey clutch is in, the bike can run. Which wires connect there ? What color(s) ? Do they go there straight from the harness, or do they come from the block on the handlebar (where all the other wires go) ?

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Yellow with green tracer. Look in the turn signal switch housing, they may have tucked it back up in there or just cut em off.

vorgath
Tricycles are Cool

Post by vorgath »

oh those two green/yellow wires not hooked up to anything, just taped together ? I was wondering about that one. Thanks :clap: