Strange starting issues

vorgath
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki 1400 Intruder

Re: Strange starting issues

Post by vorgath »

Got the bike started today ... kinda

Very weird

I tried a different ICU but I doubt that's the issue, however what I did was spray starter fluid into the forward carb, it fires up. So it started on the front head, of course, because no fuel nor starter fluid was sprayed into the rear one.

Now here's the really weird part, my horn didn't work on my bike, but worked fine off the bike, with 12V from a spare battery, so I decided to close the loop with a wire with alligator clips, spray starter fluid and work the throttle.

I'm sure by now the carbs are fouled, so that could explain the issue, but I somehow wonder if the horn wiring left an open loop or improper ground along the way.

Tomorrow I'll do the same with the horn wiring disconnected and my original ICU ..

Either way, need to rebuild the carbs, after all I have the K&N cones and rejet kit in a box somewhere

cyberbiker
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2007 Suzuki Boulevard S83

Post by cyberbiker »

98VS1400 wrote:. A Suzuki manual. If not, I have the one for the 1400 posted on the Facebook group. Do you have FB? Are you a member of the group? If not, I can hook you up on all counts.
What group on Facebook do you mean? Is there a link for the manual.?
2007 Boulevard S83 (third VS 1400). Reno, NV

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.