Intruder 1400 Clutch Slipping

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Intruder 1400 Clutch Slipping

Post by Lechy »

Quit nitpicking to try to prove a point.

[youtube][/youtube]

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Thanks for that Lechy The adjuster tools are available on Ebay.

The Harley has 10 springs? ---- it may well be, I don't care if it had 20,--- the pressure plate has 3 that are adjustable to make sure the pressure plate opens them all evenly and a 120 degree adjustment will accommodate for that.

On many British bikes each spring is adjustable ---sigh god this is hard work.

Go and mix cement Edward fer fucks sake.

Edward why do you sell 8 springs when 4 of them work the BTL. You know that they are different so you must know about the reason ---yes --No.

I have tried to explain to you on numerous occasions that too much spring pressure is bad for the basket,--its only a flimsy affair for the job it has to do. I used only 4 with bomb proof clutch and even though you laugh at my method of achieving a number of lbs pull I did submit a number --you have not been able to. My BTL works,--

The clutch only needs enough, ---enough is enough not gobs of springs pressure, it is not necessary and on the intruder will reduce quite drastically the ability of the BTL to cope with a slipping wheel on the road.

This is why the old British bike had adjustable springs to adjust to get the right amount and not too much.

Do you understand this . I can explain it again.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Lechy wrote:Quit nitpicking to try to prove a point.
The point being made is that he says that there are individual adjusters on EACH spring,(which is true in your second video)...and then says it also so on Harleys,.(but in your first video we find that is not accurate)

Yet,...he carries around here as if he is THE source of accurate technical information,...but, as we see,... he is not. ;IDunno:

I won't remention his stating that all clutch springs must be identical,...then buys eight (8) clutch springs for his 1400 clutch. ;)

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Designer wrote:
Lechy wrote:Quit nitpicking to try to prove a point.
The point being made is that he says that there are individual adjusters on EACH spring,(which is true in your second video)...and then says it also so on Harleys,.(but in your first video we find that is not accurate)

Yet,...he carries around here as if he is THE source of accurate technical information,...but, as we see,... he is not. ;IDunno:

I won't remention his stating that all clutch springs must be identical,...then buys eight (8) clutch springs for his 1400 clutch. ;)

I knew you were not listening. Ive told you now so many times I could not remember how many springs I fit ( it was at least 5-6 years ago) then when I did I told you I fit 4 .

4 is the number I fit not 3 as that would not be enough and certainly not 5.

4 is the number of springs I fitted to my clutch. But then you don't care . All this is about me and your totally irrational hatred for me.

Your a very silly little man and every one will be able to see this . You are making an absolute idiot of yourself.

Ok so you want to be chief mechanic.

Ok every one Edward the little boy here wants to be chief mechanic from now on. Ask him any question and he can answer it. Even though he is a cowboy builder with no work. ;IDunno:

Ok dick head its all yours. :HatTip:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Fred wrote: And the Lord spake, saying, First shalt
thou take out the Holy Pin.

Then, shalt thou count to three, no more,
no less.

Three shalt be the number thou shalt
count, and the number of the counting
shalt be three.

Four shalt thou not count,
nor either count thou two, excepting that
thou then proceed to three.

Five is right out.

Once the number three,
being the third number, be reached, then
lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of
Antioch towards thy foe, who being
naughty in my sight, shall snuf it."

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

FallenAngel wrote:
Fred wrote: And the Lord spake, saying, First shalt
thou take out the Holy Pin.

Then, shalt thou count to three, no more,
no less.

Three shalt be the number thou shalt
count, and the number of the counting
shalt be three.

Four shalt thou not count,
nor either count thou two, excepting that
thou then proceed to three.

Five is right out.

Once the number three,
being the third number, be reached, then
lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of
Antioch towards thy foe, who being
naughty in my sight, shall snuf it."
Hilarious! :lol: [space] I have always liked that part from Monty Python. [emoji106]

It fits well with Freddies attempt at saving face with his claim of forgetting how many springs he installed;
Fred wrote:... Ive told you now so many times I could not remember how many springs I fit ( it was at least 5-6 years ago)
Then,...**suddenly**.... remembering it was 4;
Fred wrote: .....then when I did I told you I fit 4 .
Even though he says he bought 8 at the time....AND that ALL the Springs MUST be Identical
Fred wrote: All the springs must be identical or a biased clutch movement will make selecting static neutral a problem. I cant remember what I used now but I seem to remember they were in a pack of 4 for a Suzuki 125 model ( dont ask what model) Yes I bought 8. Perfect. That was at least 6 years ago.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

I read it like this real fast and of course The Holy Handgrenade came to mind
Fred wrote: I fit 4 .
4 is the number I fit not 3 as that would not be enough
and certainly not 5.
(5 is right out)
4 is the number of springs I fitted

He just makes it so easy

Also You are correct in your spring calculations
Springs are measured at seat height pressure
I have seen more then just a few engines with the wrong seat pressure and cam combinations slapping valves or pulling pressed rocker studs out
No reason to think that overlooked Clutch springs couldn't benefit from an re design and upgrade