Spare Key for 95 VS 1400?

steelsavior
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 95 1400VS

Spare Key for 95 VS 1400?

Post by steelsavior »

Hi all,
I seem to have misplaced my key for my bike. I've turned the joint over and can't seem to find it. Anyone know how i can get a new one beside taking off anything and taking it to the locksmith? Anyone have any 95 keys laying around, or will the key work on all 1400's for 95?
Thanks in advance,
Steel

Lechy
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Spare Key for 95 VS 1400?

Post by Lechy »

All keys are numbered to suit the switch. If you can see a number on the switch take it to a Suzuki dealer and they may be able to cut or supply a new one.
Always make a spare key and tape it to the inside of the side cover for emergencies.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Post by scootermcq »

Lechy wrote:Always make a spare key and tape it to the inside of the side cover for emergencies.
[emoji41]
Big plus one... I lost my key in the sand at a beach about 3 hours from home. Went to the bike and cut the one off I had hidden with a zip tie and got home.

Still sucks to loose your keys, but much easier than pushing it.
Scott

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Oh dear! This is one of those threads that so desperately needed to be preserved here on this site.

The numbers on the switch tells the combination of the cut of the key and the locksmith can easily use these numbers to create a new key with the proper combination. The other part of the trick is to get the correct key blank the locksmith can use to create the new key.

It's my understanding that there are I think 5 or 6 different blanks that are available for the Suzuki Intruder line of bikes. They are labeled "A" thru "E" to "F", I think and knowing which is the correct one is paramount to making a new key that actually fits in the lock or ignition, if you will.

I believe there's some information available on the net that explains this and I'll see if I can dig it up.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Here's what was pretty easy to find (link supplied)....

http://www.carlocksandkeys.com/1986-suz ... ycle-keys/

A High Quality set of Motorcycle Key Blanks for a 1986 and later Suzuki Intruder. Includes 2 Keys.

Note: There are 7 possible keys for this Suzuki Motorcycle. If your key is single sided (cuts on one side), than choose the single sided key. If your key is double sided (cuts on both sides), than the correct key blank is dependant on your motorcycle’s key code. The key code series will begin with an A, B, C, D, E or F. The letter your key code series starts with determines the correct key blank for your motorcycle. Key codes are sometimes stamped on the motorcycle locks. It isn’t always easy to see the key code on the lock, and it might require removing components on your motorcycle to see the entire surface area of your lock. Key codes are sometimes included on the key ring that came with the keys when the motorcycle is new, or the key code is stamped on the key. The key code might also be recorded in the owners manual that came with the motorcycle. Once you have determined the correct blank for your lock or if you have a question, you can email the information or question to sales@carlocksandkeys.com. Refer to the photo to see all possible keys.

Note: We make working keys for motorcycles, and we rekey motorcycle locks! If you have lost or misplaced your motorcycle keys, than we can make a working key for your motorcycle. Simply send your motorcycle lock(s) to us, so we can decode the lock(s) and make a working key. We can also rekey your locks to use an entirely new key code if you suspect someone has compromised the security of your motorcycle, or if you want all your motorcycle locks to use the same key. For more information, email the year, make and model of your motorcycle to sales@carlocksandkeys.com , or call us at the phone number at the top of this webpage.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.