stator pickup coils

ride on1946
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

stator pickup coils

Post by ride on1946 »

Hi guys and gals,what not to do replacing pickup coils,The dealer will tell you that if you replace pickup coils,you have to buy stator,and you cant just r eplace puls coils,but you can.you just have to splce into your coil wires,one blue one green,but first you have to get your old pu coils,no problem where the wires come into the stator .They come tru a rubber drumit.Split the drumit with sharp knife just far enough to pull the coil old pu coil wires up thru the split,be careful do not cut the 3 big yellow wires.I know some will tell you that the drumit will leak oil thru the split,that is what use red gasket maker for .Now for what not to do,dont put your pu coils in upside down,dont laugh,I have done it,it can happen and if your bike fails to fire after replaceing the pu coils,after checking all else swallow your pride pull the cover back off and ck your work.If you do it right you can save yourself some money.Pu coils can go bad but if your stator is still chargeing your battery,why spend money on something you dont need.

plyr1
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 03 VS1400

Re: stator pickup coils

Post by plyr1 »

I know this post is really old but what direction due the pickup coils go? When looking at the manual it looks like the flat part goes down but I fell like when taking them out the flat part was on top.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: stator pickup coils

Post by hillsy »

Like this: