How to Lift Front Wheel

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

How to Lift Front Wheel

Post by dm1400 »

I've got a warped rotor on my '95 1400. I'm buying a new rotor from jelildude. :biggthumpup;

I know I have to take off the front wheel to get the rotor off & new one installed.

I have the DIY bike lift, made out of 2 x 10. When I use that lift, I put it under the battery box & the rear wheel gets off the ground, but the front wheel stays on the ground. Can I put the lift farther forward under the frame? How can I get the front wheel up to replace the rotor?

Thanks!

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Re: How to Lift Front Wheel

Post by ddog6900 »

Posted you some info on the other board. Once removed, just remove the rotor from the wheel and swap.

Tapatalk Running Smooth, On My Nexus 5, Screw iOS

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

98VS1400 wrote:
ddog6900 wrote:Posted you some info on the other board. Once removed, just remove the rotor from the wheel and swap.

How's about you copy your response from the "other" board to this one please??? Geez man, we're trying to BUILD some knowledge base over here!
He asked over there first.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Ask your doctor which rpm is right for you, once you determine that, rev up to it, then pop the lever that engages the Designer clutch springs. The front wheel will either come up, or the rear wheel speed will climb rapidly toward the aforementioned rpm in a smoking manner.
(Inst. B04:88-2, rev 1.3a)
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

LOL.....It is written! AND on the Internet! It just MUST be true! :lmao:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Rumble
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1988 VS1400

Post by Rumble »

DM - I'm sure you're done with replacing your rotor by now, but I just now saw the post...
If you're lucky enough to have a garage with exposed rafters, you can throw a couple of ratchet straps over them and cinch that puppy right off the ground. I prefer this method when safe and available cause there's no worry of knock-over and the fork assembly stays straight and solid. Just be sure that the rafters can support the weight!

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I use that heavy clunky motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight... both wheels come off the ground that way, and in fact my whole bike was in a state of disassembly sitting on this last winter while I fixed this and that. Watch for sale coupons and you can practically steal one.

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

+1 :cheers: