4 Idiot Lights.. Anyone know the LED replacement?

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

4 Idiot Lights.. Anyone know the LED replacement?

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

:Umm: As subject title asks..
I just cant find it and don't want to order the wrong ones.
Already got the speedo LED bulbs.
Any help greatly appreciated.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Re: 4 Idiot Lights.. Anyone know the LED replacement?

Post by WintrSol »

I've used the ones from SuperBright LEDs: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... -car/3551/
Note, they are not polarity sensitive, so would work as the turn indicator, unless you have LEDs in all four signals. I had to leave to regular 156 bulbs in the rear, so the indicator works properly in my CB450. Unless, of course, you bike has 4-way flashers, then it doesn't matter.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

WintrSol wrote:I've used the ones from SuperBright LEDs: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... -car/3551/
Note, they are not polarity sensitive, so would work as the turn indicator, unless you have LEDs in all four signals. I had to leave to regular 156 bulbs in the rear, so the indicator works properly in my CB450. Unless, of course, you bike has 4-way flashers, then it doesn't matter.
Isn't the 194 base too large foe the cluster? I recall a similar bulb with a narrower base. I could be wrong.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Is that for sure? Lol. And nope.. Don't have 4way flashers and all signals will be LED.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by WintrSol »

navigator wrote:
WintrSol wrote:I've used the ones from SuperBright LEDs: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... -car/3551/
Isn't the 194 base too large foe the cluster? I recall a similar bulb with a narrower base. I could be wrong.
I've ordered various T10-194 and most fit the dash lights in the Intruder. Some won't, because they are bigger around than the narrow space because some of the LEDs face the side, but the ones I linked did fit.
Florissant, MO

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Okay. Thank you very much then. :cheers:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

[emoji106]

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

So k got those bulbs today and they were too big for the idiot lights. Had to shave the sides down to the metal wires. Then had to cut the sides of the plastic bulb holder so i could slide the wires thru the sides and get the bulbs in it.. Otherwise.. The bulbs would just not wedge and stay put. Lol.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by WintrSol »

Been there. Seems that they vary a lot in diameter; sometimes, you can measure the hole size and verify the stated spec on the sales page. Not always. :hellfire:
Florissant, MO

OkJlo
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2005 S83 Boulevard

Post by OkJlo »

The idiot lights in my 2005 are T5 base, like 74 or 103 bulbs. I think the turn indicator, oil pressure, and neutral are all the same. They look slightly brighter than what was in the high beam because the high beam lens is less transparent. The factory bulb for them reads 12V 1.7W with no part #. I'm ordering some LED replacements and will see how they work out. The dim lights kill me. I tap the signal cancel religiously after a turn, but never fails that I'll go under a shade tree every once in a while and see I've had my blinker on since the last turn. Yep :bonk:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Lol. Yup.. It blows. But in the emd.. It can be made to work. I was like oh no.. I didn't just waste time n money here. Lol. It's guna work! And some it did. Lol.

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Post by Spacecoast »

OkJlo wrote:The idiot lights in my 2005 are T5 base, like 74 or 103 bulbs. I think the turn indicator, oil pressure, and neutral are all the same. They look slightly brighter than what was in the high beam because the high beam lens is less transparent. The factory bulb for them reads 12V 1.7W with no part #. I'm ordering some LED replacements and will see how they work out. The dim lights kill me. I tap the signal cancel religiously after a turn, but never fails that I'll go under a shade tree every once in a while and see I've had my blinker on since the last turn. Yep :bonk:
And I don't get this...got the same issue of not being able to see the turn signal indicator. But yet on my old 92 Intruder I never had that problem, and watching some Y-Tube videos on Intruders I've seen the indicator flashing clear as day. I think someone must have changed the bulb out on my 05 to make it so dim.

OkJlo
Tricycles are Cool

Post by OkJlo »

The bulbs I pulled out were factory bulbs and are .5 watts brighter than a typical 74 bulb. I think it has something to do with the tinted shield combined with the colored lenses & low wattage bulbs. I think they were trying to make the S83 look more minimalistic. Not a very smart change IMO. They work great at night, but forget it in broad daylight. The '04 and earlier have different warning lights right?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

OkJlo wrote:The bulbs I pulled out were factory bulbs and are .5 watts brighter than a typical 74 bulb. I think it has something to do with the tinted shield combined with the colored lenses & low wattage bulbs. I think they were trying to make the S83 look more minimalistic. Not a very smart change IMO. They work great at night, but forget it in broad daylight. The '04 and earlier have different warning lights right?
On my 87 there were 2 different bulbs used. The TS, oil and neutral lights were a higher wattage than the hi beam and speedo lights. Never had to change the ones on the 99, by the time I was down to only the neutral light working, the speedo quit and I swapped out for an instrument cluster off of an 80 GS 250. Like it better because it has TS indicators that show which direction the TS is for.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Just to show what i meant but cutting the housing.

OkJlo
Tricycles are Cool

Post by OkJlo »

I got the 3 LED 74 bulbs in super white to replace the dim or burned out dummy lights and a 5 LED 194 bulb in red for the speedo from https://www.superbrightleds.com. Looks great and I can actually see my indicators in daylight now. They fit perfect with no trimming. Nice to know I should never have to replace them again either.

Leckbass
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: 1992 Intruder 1400

Post by Leckbass »

OkJlo wrote:I got the 3 LED 74 bulbs in super white to replace the dim or burned out dummy lights and a 5 LED 194 bulb in red for the speedo from https://www.superbrightleds.com. Looks great and I can actually see my indicators in daylight now. They fit perfect with no trimming. Nice to know I should never have to replace them again either.
I like the look of the speedo!

OldMan
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 1993 Vs 1400 Intruder

Post by OldMan »

Good job bloke.
Blessed with a great wife, 7 kids, an Aussie Bulldog and a VS 1400 (Joe).

Blaine
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 05 S83 07 M50

Post by Blaine »

Spacecoast wrote:
OkJlo wrote:The idiot lights in my 2005 are T5 base, like 74 or 103 bulbs. I think the turn indicator, oil pressure, and neutral are all the same. They look slightly brighter than what was in the high beam because the high beam lens is less transparent. The factory bulb for them reads 12V 1.7W with no part #. I'm ordering some LED replacements and will see how they work out. The dim lights kill me. I tap the signal cancel religiously after a turn, but never fails that I'll go under a shade tree every once in a while and see I've had my blinker on since the last turn. Yep :bonk:
And I don't get this...got the same issue of not being able to see the turn signal indicator. But yet on my old 92 Intruder I never had that problem, and watching some Y-Tube videos on Intruders I've seen the indicator flashing clear as day. I think someone must have changed the bulb out on my 05 to make it so dim.
My 05 is the same....Don't know how many times I left the signal light on......Gonna change to led's too.
If at first you succeed,don't be surprised.

OkJlo
Tricycles are Cool

Post by OkJlo »

I think it cost me $16 total. Well worth the peace of mind.