Risers for '05 S83

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2006 S83 Boulevard

Risers for '05 S83

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

There are lots of posts on risers but few on the Boulevards rather than Intruders (drag vs buckhorn).

I'm 6'2" and thinking of getting 6" risers to replace the existing 4"(?) on my 2005 S83 with stock fittings. Anyone done the same for me to tap the collective consciousness?
- best brands to look at?
- are risers standard nut size?
- rubber bushed?
- enough slack in cables?
- worth the cost?

Thanks fellas :rock:
Ya hya chouhada!

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Re: Risers for '05 S83

Post by Spacecoast »

I have a 05 S83 too, and my risers measure 6". I wish they were shorter sometimes. If you really have 4", then I wonder who doesn't have stock.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts ... 5-k6-k7-k8

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Spacecoast wrote:I have a 05 S83 too, and my risers measure 6". I wish they were shorter sometimes. If you really have 4", then I wonder who doesn't have stock.

oops, my bad (slow day at work and not got bike here), I guess stock is 6" so I want 8" - that sounds a problem! How tall are you Space?

Bugger - that looks rubber bushed in the diagram huh?
Ya hya chouhada!

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Post by Spacecoast »

I'm 5' 10" and find the bar just slightly on the "high" side. Plus I think it would look better being just a tad lower. The wire harness running from both left/right controls are going straight to the headlight and are not wire-tied to the handlebar. I don't have enough slack to tie them up...and looking at some videos it looks as if having a locking tie should be normal.

Blaine
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 05 S83 07 M50

Post by Blaine »

Pvt_Nemesis wrote:
Spacecoast wrote:I have a 05 S83 too, and my risers measure 6". I wish they were shorter sometimes. If you really have 4", then I wonder who doesn't have stock.

oops, my bad (slow day at work and not got bike here), I guess stock is 6" so I want 8" - that sounds a problem! How tall are you Space?

Bugger - that looks rubber bushed in the diagram huh?
Yep...Rubber bushing......I'd like mine a couple inches higher......But be easier to go with a different bar & leave the risers as is.
If at first you succeed,don't be surprised.

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Blaine wrote:Yep...Rubber bushing......I'd like mine a couple inches higher......But be easier to go with a different bar & leave the risers as is.
or time to break out the beers and visit a mate with a lathe to spin up some steel to fill the bushings
Ya hya chouhada!

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 03 VS1400

Post by m2h »

Pvt_Nemesis wrote:There are lots of posts on risers but few on the Boulevards rather than Intruders (drag vs buckhorn).

I'm 6'2" and thinking of getting 6" risers to replace the existing 4"(?) on my 2005 S83 with stock fittings. Anyone done the same for me to tap the collective consciousness?
- best brands to look at?
- are risers standard nut size?
- rubber bushed?
- enough slack in cables?
- worth the cost?

Thanks fellas :rock:
Hi bro, I fitted a pair of swivel risers on my '03 as i wanted to bring the bars back a bit. They raise the bars about 2" straight up. Have a look on ali express and go to autos and motorcycles and type swivel risers in the search bar. They ones i got came with a set of bushes which i had to machine out to fit and you'll probably have to play around with some thin ali to shim the other end out to size also. They work pretty good. May do what you want and they are pretty cheap and no frieght generally. :clap: Hope thats a bit to think about. I had just enough cable length to do the job too.
:cheers:
M2H
" Old Guys Rule!" :rock:

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Hey thats brilliant! Thanks mate!
Ya hya chouhada!

PrinceMo
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1988 1400cc Intruder

Post by PrinceMo »

I had taller HandleBars made then reversed the 2008 risers so they done come back towards me.
The bars are mini ape about 12 inches high with the taller risers the grips are about 17inches high.
I am 6' 4" so the grips are almost shoulder high.

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Thats nice, but beyond my budget - Im going to machine (lathe) some 2" spacers and purchase 2" longer bolts to insert between risers (STAY, HANDLE) and bar clamp (HOLDER, HANDLE LOWER). These are parts #10 and #11 in the illustration spacecoast referenced and would give a cheap but very strong modification that still allows return to stock if desired.
Ya hya chouhada!