alternative Synch

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: How To: Sync Carbs

Post by Fred »

OR you can remove your synch cable from the rear carb and let it hang by the idle knob of the rear carb. With an adjustment knob fabricated to fit the end of it. This means you can alter the idle of both carbs seperately. I have also drilled into the air mix screws and epoxied in a short length of speedometer cable with a valve cap on the end. I can now synch --adjust idle and or adjust the air mix of either while sitting at the traffic lights or while riding. The synch cable idea was crap beyond belief, I don't know of another bike that has it.

For synch I dont bother with synchronizing tubes I feel both exhausts one at a time for exhaust pulses, you can also do this by listening with a say 1/2 inch pipe in the carb throat one at a time. When they are both chuffing the same you are done.

If you want to do this entirely by ear like the professionals listen to each cylinder very carefully and tune the mix screws for fastest smoothest idle. If the front cylinder tends to stumble and can not be adjusted out by the mic screw then lengthen the outer cable of the Synch cable so increasing the flo to the front cylinder, exact opposite for the rear.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

alternative Synch

Post by Fred »

I see you don't like my synch procedure. You can of course close the thread but can I just politely inform you that I am a retired RR engineer, Teacher from British aerospace and Transport manager of sea land shipping Dubai. I was also involved in Castrol Motorcycle Racing team of Malaysia and was service manager and warranty claim manager for Renault for UAE

I have the following mechanical qualification AMIMI IRTE and F Tech.

I assure you listening to an engine is perfectly possible, it will speak to you if you listen.

Perhaps it was a bit adventurous procedure for your members but never the less its what the professionals do.

Try tune a flat 12 Ferrari with 6 double choke webbers. Its the only way.

Just to know where we are here, do you wish me to stop mechanical advice or shall I continue to amaze you with things you don't even believe. would you like a photo of my synching cables.

You are poo pooing my posts because you don't understand.

Just let me know its all up to you now

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Re: alternative Synch

Post by Fred »

It is an alternative, its the way I have done it since an apprentice. Synching seems to be a massive complicated affair, its not. Perhaps little too much too quick. never mind --I can't say im not used to this. Not just exotic cars --did you mis the bit about Castrol motorcycle racing. Ask me anything you want!! should'nt have done the religious stuff--damaged my credibility

No more from me Slurp its beer o clock :kiss:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Oh boy, an oil thread with a little religion thrown in. I'll be right back I need to pop some popcorn. :lolfall: :XmasTree:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

My bike has oil. I even loosened a bolt so I can leak oil just like a Harley. After I was informed that was for underside lubrication and rust prevention

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

All I know about bike care is you change the things that need changing when they need changing. Buy tires when you need tires and check the air pressure at least once a week unless you have mag wheels and then it gets checked once a month. You keep an eye on the fluids and add if needed. Oh and add the star washers if you own a Suzuki. :lolfall: I did a no no once, added a DS tire :moon: , and I haven't went up in a ball of flames yet. I do wear asbestos underwear just in case it happens. :smoke: I have over 104,000 miles on the same bike with a trailer for half of those miles so I guess I am doing something right. ;IDunno: :Umm: :HatTip: :XmasTree:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

My bike runs.

~Jols3n
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Washing my bike? I ride it, I don't sit around looking at it. If people see me out on it they expect it to be dirty. I've had my bike since '06 and I think it has been washed 3 times at the most. :bonk:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

I think there is a language barrier going on.

Fred, post your alternative sync instructions, and maybe we can clean it up?
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I washed my bike once. The chrome oil cap came off and soaked me and the bike in oil

~Jols3n

draggindakota
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 01 VS800

Post by draggindakota »

I for one would be very interested in seeing pics of your cable set up Fred, if just for educational purposes. As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

draggindakota wrote:I for one would be very interested in seeing pics of your cable set up Fred, if just for educational purposes. As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat.
Thank you Draggin , there is none so blind as those who will not see. My Synch arrangment is basically the synch cable removed from the rear, I have made a adjustment knob that pulls the inner cable. I have now individual idle adjustment of both carbs.

When I can work out how to post a pic I will do, On the pic you will no doubt notice a few different things like battery under the seat and no tank pet cock like you have abut a regular motorcycle tap on the tank ONLY,--like a proper motorbike , no stand /clutch relay, no pump relay, no filter boxes, indicator alarms etc etc Its just for fun. Oh and my double mirrors ( 2 mirrors on the same arm)

The best is the extended mix screws with 3 inch of speedometer cable attached and a decorative valve capon the end. You would be surprised how the bike will idle differently after a long run or short and even different fuel because I like to add a little diesel to it to increase octane to give it a longer slow burn.

Amourmechant
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 94 intruder vs 1400

Post by Amourmechant »

Any day now Fred.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Ok we got some one with brains.?????