A little hesitation

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: A little hesitation

Post by Lechy »

It may pay to check the coasting valves for free movement, split diaphragm or blocked orifice.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Post by WintrSol »

Lechy wrote:It may pay to check the coasting valves for free movement, split diaphragm or blocked orifice.

[emoji41]
Even a blocked air jet, which can happen if/when the air filter begins to decompose and shed little bits of foam. If the main air jet is blocked, the mixture spray will be poor, especially in the needle jet controlled region, causing odd problems. Basically, the carbs have to be clean and have no failing parts, or bad things happen.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2006 S83 Boulevard

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

WintrSol wrote: if the taper of needle is wrong, or the needle is set too low in the jet,
No one else has mentioned it but I too would be suspicious of the needle profile with the effect described. With the number of changes made (airbox, needles, jets, exhaust, lollipops...) there is going to be a lot of 'tailoring' involved in matching the mixture.
Ya hya chouhada!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Youve got reversion ,--save me writing 10 pages look up on Google on Motorcycle engine reversion.

Your straight pipes are killing your breathing.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Post by WintrSol »

Fred wrote:You've got reversion ,--save me writing 10 pages look up on Google on Motorcycle engine reversion.

Your straight pipes are killing your breathing.
Straight pipes are best on bikes that only operate at WOT; they can really kill power at low and middle rpm ranges. Reversion is often the culprit.

Also, they irritate the neighbors and dogs. :jester:
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie