Jardine drag pipe baffle removal

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Intruder 1400vs

Jardine drag pipe baffle removal

Post by Marauder03 »

Recently purchased my 1400 intruder and it came with jardine straight pipes. They sounded pretty good but I figured they would sound better without the baffles. I was right, this thing sounds like a beast now. Glad I did it, trying to figure out posting pics and you tube videos for those that are interested.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Jardine drag pipe baffle removal

Post by Herb »

Marauder03 wrote:Recently purchased my 1400 intruder and it came with jardine straight pipes. They sounded pretty good but I figured they would sound better without the baffles. I was right, this thing sounds like a beast now. Glad I did it, trying to figure out posting pics and you tube videos for those that are interested.
I love the sound of the open exhaust, the neighbors hate it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Marauder03 »

Luckily I have great neighbors, who actually like the way it sounds. I’m pretty respectful around my area, not cracking it open. But what a nice sound. What bike do you have? What kind of exhaust? Thanks, Steve

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I have a 99 1400. When I bought it it had V&H Classic II's on it. Then I put a set of homemade straight pipes on it. Loved the sound but was having major problems getting the carbs right. Ran well on the bottom end but the top end power sucked and it was using way more gas than it should have. Went back to the V&H mufflers and stock jets. Even the V&H mufflers were kinda loud and I was leaving for work before 5 am. Even taking it easy it was loud enough to start all the dogs in the area barking. Finally found a stock exhaust and put it on. Gas mileage went up, top end power was even better. Did lose a little on the bottom end.

This was/is my daily driver, so it needs to run right.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Marauder03 »

Leckbass
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: 1992 Intruder 1400

Post by Leckbass »

Sounds good to me!

Lyndon615
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2001 intruder 1400

Post by Lyndon615 »

Was this bike rejetted?

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Marauder03 »

I’m not positive but I would have to say yes with the way the bike runs. I believe the PO must have when he originally put the pipes on. I have not since removing the baffles, it runs to good to mess with it. I may put baffles back in just to see if my gas mileage improves.