Clutch plates

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: Clutch plates

Post by FallenAngel »

ecbaatz wrote:
FallenAngel wrote:
ecbaatz wrote:Update, yes I got the torque wrench and have torqued the bolts.
Excellent
What are your other plans for the bike besides replacing brake lines?
Looking at getting an after market seat, Corbin or Mustang, learning more towards Corbin as I like that they use leather.

Would like to find a set of floorboards. Or maybe go with some forward controls. The only concern I have with them is the cost and not sure I will like them once installed. Would love to find someone who has a set installed that I could at least sit on to see what it is like.

Also looking for a headlight adapter so I can replace the stock headlight bucket with a larger one to give me more options on lighting. And possibly install some hiway lights.

I have swapped all the bulbs except for the 4 indicator bulbs out for LEDs. Changed the rear turn signals to red for both running and turns. Of course I added the diode modification to get the turn signals to flash at a normal rate. And be able to use LEDs from and rear instead of just rear.

I got a set of stock mufflers to try. I know it is sacrilege but I am not a big fan of loud pipes. I also hope it will help with the vibration in the mirrors. They are inexpensive aftermarket as I broke one of the stock trying to adjust it properly when I just got the bike.

The only other big plan is to ride it as much as possible.
I like the look of the stock seat and the seats on My 95 had been recovered before I picked it up. The seats on my 87 are in good shape so I got lucky
Ill the bikes I sat on that had forward controls felt good But then so did the bikes with flour boards. My Room mates 2017 Shadow Interstate has boards and heal toe shiftier and he loves the Flour boards.
I have a set of forwards controls .and fab a heal toe shiftier,that I picked up from Bronx That I may put on the 87 and a springier front end (I have 2) and a 21" front wheel I got from PrincMo Both members of this forum. I want to get a particular look out of the bike. Im still not apposed to the factory peg location so I may leave the 95 alone.
Both bikes have after market pipes that dump on the right side so Ill be leaving them alone aswell.
As far as lighting goes the more I learn about installing LEDs the more Im leaning towards stock But as the 87 was in such bad shape when I got it and needs a compete tear down to frame and I do have a set of LEDs I got from Bronx I may put them on the 87

Both Bronx and Prinemo are good people and I have talked to both on the phone and consider them both friends Both post parts on this forum.
Check here
BRONX INTRUDERS PARTS & CUSTOMS
http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewforum.php?f=76
And here
Flea Market
http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewforum.php?f=20
You can get in touch with Bronx and request parts if you dont find what your looking for

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Might just be easier to get an LC if you want floorboards.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

ecbaatz wrote:Would like to find a set of floorboards. Or maybe go with some forward controls. The only concern I have with them is the cost and not sure I will like them once installed. Would love to find someone who has a set installed that I could at least sit on to see what it is like.
And you can find both Forward Controls AND Floor Boards when you get Jardine Forwards.

I have them on my Springtail Chopper (the one with the copper-colored motor) Love 'em. [emoji106]

Here's a link for you;

https://www.classiccruiser.com/product.asp?item=204138

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
ecbaatz wrote:Would like to find a set of floorboards. Or maybe go with some forward controls. The only concern I have with them is the cost and not sure I will like them once installed. Would love to find someone who has a set installed that I could at least sit on to see what it is like.
And you can find both Forward Controls AND Floor Boards when you get Jardine Forwards.

I have them on my Springtail Chopper (the one with the copper-colored motor) Love 'em. [emoji106]

Here's a link for you;

Crikey - $680 :shock:

They aren't really that big either (the floorboards, that is)

Maybe just some highway pegs?

I still think you need a second bike.....

[emoji106]

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Designer wrote:

Here's a link for you;

Here is what they look like on Designer's bike
That is such a beautiful creation

ecbaatz
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Post by ecbaatz »

Specs say they don’t fit a 96 intruder.

Look nice tho and like that the have both, but damn, the price.

And would still like to sit on them both.

Oh yes and taking this course would be nice as well.
http://www.midwestmotorcycletraining.co ... edule.html
Eric
EM1(SS) Retired
Any day is a good day to ride!

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

I have templates and measurements to make an extension plate to move the footrest yoke forward. Might be a cheaper alternative to try out before spending high dollar only to find you are not happy.
PM me an address and I will forward them to you if interested.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The templates are for a 1400 but a little measuring of the bolt holes would not be amiss.

Free, gratis, what's to loose?

[emoji41]

ecbaatz
Studying MC Handbook

Post by ecbaatz »

I have a number of the “Ride Like a Pro” videos. I also have taken the course. Well worth it.
Eric
EM1(SS) Retired

ecbaatz
Studying MC Handbook

Post by ecbaatz »

I have purchased parts from both Bronx and PrinceMo. Great to do business with.
Eric
EM1(SS) Retired

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

ecbaatz wrote:Specs say they don’t fit a 96 intruder. Look nice tho and like that the have both, but damn, the price.
And would still like to sit on them both.
That picture I posted was only to show you that both are available. You wouldn't have to sell your 1400 and get a 1500 to get floor boards. Imagine how expense THAT poor advice would be! :blink:

The Jardine Forwards that I have do fit a 1400 Intruder. As you can see from the picture Herb posted, they are available. Shopping around can save you money, too.

And they do have floor boards that are PLENTY big enough. [space] Only a Neanderthal with Kangaroo Feet would need bigger.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

ecbaatz
Studying MC Handbook

Post by ecbaatz »

I will keep looking, I am in no hurry to sell my 1400. I expect we both will be seeing a lot more miles together.

Do like the looks of your bike.
Eric
EM1(SS) Retired

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

3 files sent to your e-mail account, did you get them?

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
The more suggestions you make,.....more the cost of those Jardines looks better and better. ;)
No - those floorboards are tiny. If you are going to the trouble of having them, you want them big.

ecbaatz
Studying MC Handbook

Post by ecbaatz »

Lechy wrote:3 files sent to your e-mail account, did you get them?
Yes, I received them, thank you.
Eric
EM1(SS) Retired

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote:The more suggestions you make,.....more the cost of those Jardines looks better and better. ;)
No - those floorboards are tiny. If you are going to the trouble of having them, you want them big.
YES,..those Floor boards are all one needs. [space] That is,....IF,... they don't have Kangaroo Feet! :lmao:

What?........you wanna WALK AROUND whilst you Ride? :blink:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote: YES,..those Floor boards are all one needs. [space] That is,....IF,... they don't have Kangaroo Feet! :lmao:

It's not about the size of your feet - it's about the option to move your feet around. The bigger the board, the more optins you have for different positioning of your feet. That is what makes an LC all day rideable (along with the seat).

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote: YES,..those Floor boards are all one needs. [space] That is,....IF,... they don't have Kangaroo Feet! :lmao:

It's not about the size of your feet - it's about the option to move your feet around. The bigger the board, the more optins you have for different positioning of your feet. That is what makes an LC all day rideable (along with the seat).
Makes you wonder dont it? He has posted a picture of a nice bike but you got to get to wondering if it is his.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:It's not about the size of your feet - it's about the option to move your feet around. The bigger the board, the more optins you have for different positioning of your feet. That is what makes an LC all day rideable (along with the seat).
Nope. [space] I ride with only Foot Pegs AND Custom-made, Sculpted-for-comfort Seat on my other Chopper,.....and have NO PROBLEMS riding all day long. :rock:

Seems you are confessing to some sort of fidgety foot/leg health issue. :Umm: [space] Best you get some,... Professional Help,... with your aging problems there. ;) [space] So you can Keep Up with they who can Really Ride.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Are you trying to argue your chopper is more comfortable to ride all day than this?

I doubt it…….

Anyway, I used to ride this fighter around all day too:

Nowhere near as comfortable as the LC…..

BTW – I built that from the ground up. Did EVERYTHING myself except it took it to get the carbs Dyno tuned (you gotta know when to outsource). 146HP at the rear wheel. It was fucking awesome.

It had a few colour changes over its life too….