Diaphram and tank fuel cock 94 1400

Stratusphere86
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 94 VS1400 Suzuki Intruder

Diaphram and tank fuel cock 94 1400

Post by Stratusphere86 »

Hi all, was removing carbs to rejet and clean out, noticed my fuel cock on the bike was leaking from where you turn the valve on and off, all other seals seem fine, is this something I can take apart and clean and rebuild? Or do I just need to spend the 90 dollars to buy a new one?

I found a small tear in my diaphram on the very outer edge which was still letting in air, also an expensive part, can't seem to find one less than a 100 dollars, anyone have any " hook ups " ? Just figured this would be the place to ask.. ( Front carb ) ohh and any good ideas if how to remove a stubborn float needle housing? As I'd like to replace it as well but that sucker doesn't want to come out.. thanks in advance for any advice

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Diaphram and tank fuel cock 94 1400

Post by Herb »

This company sells just the rubber diaphragm for $19.50 each and $8 shipping for any number of them. They include instructions for replacing them.

http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html

You will need to do some measuring to ensure that they have the correct one.

I will probably have to try this pretty soon as I have patched mine a number of times.

Be damned if I will give suzuki over $100 for a new slide just because the rubber wore out.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Do google search. There is a small cottage industry selling new diaphragms for any bike. Instructions on how to fit etc. seems well set up.

You snip of the plastic ring and remove the old one then just flop on the new one.

Reports are that they appear by hand to be much more heavy duty to feel but work fine.

EDIT--- Yeah I know herb already posted it. Sounds like the same dude.

Stratusphere86
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 94 VS1400 Suzuki Intruder

Post by Stratusphere86 »

Thank you very much! You guys are life savers!