Kill Switch

OldMan
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 1993 Vs 1400 Intruder

Re: Kill Switch

Post by OldMan »

OK, thanks for your patience Herb, I do appreciate it.

So I have found the where the join is.

There are three O/w wires: 2 definitely from the coils (labelled 2,3) and I assume from the fuel pump relay (labelled 4) and then they are joined with power added red wire (labelled 6) at the soldered joint. From that join O/w (labelled 1) goes to the ignitor under the seat and the other O/w goes to the headlight bucket (labelled 5).

So if I disconnect the power (6) from that join. And leave them all connected as is, but then use power in the headlight bucket to O/l of the killswitch - that might resolve it, yeah?

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/ ... rdtmbHJLPV
Blessed with a great wife, 7 kids, an Aussie Bulldog and a VS 1400 (Joe).

OldMan
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 1993 Vs 1400 Intruder

Post by OldMan »

Can confirm... it works! Booyah!

Thanks for hanging in there with me!
I have had two auto electricians in the past look at it - one couldn't find the fix, the other had it for 2 hours and rang me saying he refused to work on it as the system was so old etc with too many relays... blah blah blah! So happy! All electrical gremlins now fixed.
Blessed with a great wife, 7 kids, an Aussie Bulldog and a VS 1400 (Joe).

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Glad you found the issue.

Do you know where the red wire comes from? Considering the issues you have had, I hope that the person used a fused wire.

I would be more comfortable if you used the ignition circuit, the Orange/yellow from the side stand relay to power the circuit. That way the whole circuit would be fused with the ignition fuse.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.