How to get around Photobucket 3rd party host blocking

Quick and dirty answers.
hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

How to get around Photobucket 3rd party host blocking

Post by hillsy »

Saw this on another forum and thought I'd share with you guys....
You can go back and repair your existing Photobucket pics if you have ability to edit your own posts. We have had big success with restoration over at Customfighters

Insert "~original" after the JPG bit of your photobucket picture link............
has worked on all mine

like this................

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k67/370steve/GS750 retro/100_5444_zpsk9osgsya.jpg~original[/img]

It's a patch that seems to be working on many forums. Give it a go. It's time consuming, but if each person went back and repaired their own threads, it would be a huge savings of photos and historical info
FWIW I just re-did an old thread and it seems to work:

http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewtopi ... p=180#p180

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Re: How to get around Photobucket 3rd party host blocking

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

hillsy wrote:Saw this on another forum and thought I'd share with you guys....
You can go back and repair your existing Photobucket pics if you have ability to edit your own posts. We have had big success with restoration over at Customfighters

Insert "~original" after the JPG bit of your photobucket picture link............
has worked on all mine

like this................

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k67/370steve/GS750 retro/100_5444_zpsk9osgsya.jpg~original[/img]

It's a patch that seems to be working on many forums. Give it a go. It's time consuming, but if each person went back and repaired their own threads, it would be a huge savings of photos and historical info
FWIW I just re-did an old thread and it seems to work:

http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewtopi ... p=180#p180
Thanks, but I'm not having a problem posting images. I'm already using another site. The problem I was having is I can't see the images others have posted using Photobucket.
lovineveryminuteofit

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

SuzyRidr2 wrote: Thanks, but I'm not having a problem posting images. I'm already using another site. The problem I was having is I can't see the images others have posted using Photobucket.

Fair enough. Photobucket has blocked 3rd party hosting without paying them $400 a year. You won't be able to see anyone else's images unless they pay up or use this workaround on their image posts.

Hopefully this can help others like me who couldn't be bothered moving all their old images out of PB :cheers:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

hillsy wrote:
SuzyRidr2 wrote: Thanks, but I'm not having a problem posting images. I'm already using another site. The problem I was having is I can't see the images others have posted using Photobucket.

Fair enough. Photobucket has blocked 3rd party hosting without paying them $400 a year. You won't be able to see anyone else's images unless they pay up or use this workaround on their image posts.

Hopefully this can help others like me who couldn't be bothered moving all their old images out of PB :cheers:
I'm deleting my photos from Photobucket now .... I have them all on an external USB hard drive anyway.
lovineveryminuteofit

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

It's not so much deleting all the photos from PB - it's going back into old build threads and updating all the image locations as well. PB has just turned a gazillion build threads into a bunch of pointless words.....