Front Turn Signal Screw...

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Front Turn Signal Screw...

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:09 pm
We're waiting for your apology to RubyEye for your wanting of "entertainment" by starting a needles Straw Man Argument at his expense .
Nope - just give us your reasons and that will do.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

drilling out the head is absolutely the last resort. That screw goes into the main mount and the way it fits together it would have to be drilled all the way down to the part it goes into making it impossible to get the screw out of the mount and making the mount unusable. I doubt that would be a desirable outcome.

Soaking in PB Blaster and then using the impact wrench, with the largest bit I could get to fit, would be the first thing I would try. If that doesn't work I would use a small chisel, 1/8-1/4 In, on the edge working to turn the screw out.

I have an impact driver attachment for my Black and Decker drill and have had some good luck with it. Again use PB Blaster for a couple of days then use the largest bit that will fit in the screw on the impact. hold as tight as possible and just hit it a little at a time.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Herb wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:30 pm
drilling out the head is absolutely the last resort.
Of course its the last resort. It will work when you've used up all your other options.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:21 pm
Designer wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:09 pm
We're waiting for your apology to RubyEye for your wanting of "entertainment" by starting a needles Straw Man Argument at his expense .

Nope - just give us your reasons and that will do.
Then you prove what a jerk you really are. That you chose to try to make this some sort of .."entertainment"...proves what I just said.
Designer wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:33 am
hillsy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:26 am
Designer wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:40 am
hillsy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:29 pm
It doesn't screw into the mount - it screws into the indicator stem.
Yes, I knew that. Which is Big Reason why your suggestion of drilling off the Screw Head a faulty suggestion.
Please explain how you won't be able to drill the head off that screw. This should be entertaining.
hillsy, please don't make this one of your needlessly argumentative tirades. It's bad enough that you do so on the Political and Chit Chat Boards. Please, keep that off this Tech Board.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:48 pm
Herb wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:30 pm
drilling out the head is absolutely the last resort.
Of course its the last resort. It will work when you've used up all your other options.
What a Crock! You didn't suggest this as,..."a last resort" AND...."used up all other options".
You suggested RubyEye to do it right away!
hillsy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:15 pm
Might be easier to drill the head off the screw - I take it you are replacing the indicator?
You suggested RubyEye be drilling right away,... (3rd message, first page) . And.... you had the audacity to say it would be EASIER.
When any Real mechanic could see it obviously IS NOT easier than my suggestion;
Designer wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:22 pm
It holds the Metal End of the Rubber-flex joint of the Turn Signal Stem. Being out in the Weather, yours is probably rusted in place.

I suggest you get some PB Blaster Penetrating oil,...soak it a couple of times over a period of a few hours in a day,...then give it another try tomorrow

Don't rush it!,...let the penetratingly oil do "the work". You patience will be rewarded by not having the Screw Head break off, or get too stripped to be taken out.
This,...added to your totally wrong "fix" for LSUTiger's clutch problem ....makes for a questioning of your claim that you are a "Professional Mechanic".

Has anyone seen him post where he works? Or any sort of proof of him be professionally trained as mechanic?

I certainly haven't.

So,..let's see it hillsy. SHOW PROOF you are what you say you are.

Put up,...or Shut Up.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Tell me why you think drilling the bolt will not work.

YOU started this.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:11 pm
Tell me why you think drilling the bolt will not work. YOU started this.
I "started" nothing. I am trying to help out RubyEye as we here are SUPPOSED to be doing. And that's exactly what I did here;
Designer wrote:
It holds the Metal End of the Rubber-flex joint of the Turn Signal Stem. Being out in the Weather, yours is probably rusted in place.
I suggest you get some PB Blaster Penetrating oil,...soak it a couple of times over a period of a few hours in a day,...then give it another try tomorrow
Don't rush it!,...let the penetratingly oil do "the work". You patience will be rewarded by not having the Screw Head break off, or get too stripped to be taken out.
My later message directing him away from a "drilling solution" that should be used as,...."the last resort. It will work when you've used up all your other options." (your words, not mine)...IS HELPING HIM.
As YOUR OWN WORDS point out,....My "option" should be Taken To It's Fullest Extent BEFORE any of your "last resort" drilling. ( see your words in quotation marks above) .

A true professional mechanic knows this,.....but,.....it seems you don't. :uhh:

Instead,...we see you are incapable of accepting that,...and go off on yet ANOTHER ONE of your hissy-fit childish tirades.

Furthermore......you have shown us NOTHING that proves you are a "Professional Mechanic" as you CLIAM you are. Anyone can say Anything on the Internet. And my posted examples of your Glaringly Wrong "professional advice" distinctly calls into question your "professionalism".

So,...let's see it,.....

No proof?,...then ,...... You Aren't What You "claim". :wink:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:bang: :bang: :bang:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

navigator wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:05 am
Yep.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:05 am
Yeah, I hear you Navigator. He just cannot face the Reality of what has been shown as The Truth, ....and instead just must continue posting more BS.
Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:24 am
hillsy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:11 pm
Tell me why you think drilling the bolt will not work. YOU started this.
I "started" nothing. I am trying to help out RubyEye as we here are SUPPOSED to be doing. And that's exactly what I did here;
Designer wrote:
My later message directing him away from a "drilling solution" that should be used as,...."the last resort. It will work when you've used up all your other options." (your words, not mine)...IS HELPING HIM.
As YOUR OWN WORDS point out,....My "option" should be Taken To It's Fullest Extent BEFORE any of your "last resort" drilling. ( see your words in quotation marks above) .

A true professional mechanic knows this,.....but,.....it seems you don't. :uhh:
Instead,...we see you are incapable of accepting that,...and go off on yet ANOTHER ONE of your hissy-fit childish tirades.

Furthermore......you have shown us NOTHING that proves you are a "Professional Mechanic" as you CLIAM you are. Anyone can say Anything on the Internet. And my posted examples of your Glaringly Wrong "professional advice" distinctly calls into question your "professionalism".

So,...let's see it,..... No proof?,...then ,...... You Aren't What You "claim". :wink:

It's almost as bad as what he said to LSUTiger about the problems he was having with his 800.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:24 pm

It's almost as bad as what he said to LSUTiger about the problems he was having with his 800.
Well seeing as your not going to quit - no idea why you persist in bringing up that thread when YOU WERE THE GUY that told him he should buy a new MC and slave when it ended up being stuck clutch plates. And you are supposed to be the "clutch guy"?

Now - back to this thread - you said drilling the screw head off wouldn't work - you have yet to tell anyone why.

If this bike came into a shop no mechanic worth a grain of salt would piss around leaving it soak for how many days it might take to attempt to salvage a munted screw off a busted indicator. If you couldn't get it out with a rattle gun or some other conventional way you would drill the head off the screw and have it out in 5 minutes.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

More importantly than the bickering going on.

Is the screw out yet?
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:52 pm
Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:24 pm
Well seeing as your not going to quit - no idea why you persist in bringing up that thread when YOU WERE THE GUY that told him he should buy a new MC and slave when it ended up being stuck clutch plates. And you are supposed to be the "clutch guy"?

Oh please! You have no leg to stand on, hillsy. .....none
When you were shown a Key Off Test showing the problem was MECHANICAL ONLY,.... YOU told him to check ELECTRICAL SWITCHES. !

NOTHING could be more far-off WRONG than that. What kind of "Professional Mechanic" suggests trouble shooting the Electrical Switches to a CLEARLY Mechanical problem?

So save us listening to your crap. You fool no one. :uhh:

hillsy wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:52 pm
If this bike came into a shop no mechanic worth a grain of salt would piss around leaving it soak for how many days it might take to attempt to salvage a munted screw off a busted indicator. If you couldn't get it out with a rattle gun or some other conventional way you would drill the head off the screw and have it out in 5 minutes.
This is GOLD! :naughty: Hey hillsy,...get ready for everyone to see just how delusional is your ability to see REALITY.

Had you any brains,...you would have seen that,...THIS IS NOT A MOTORCYCLE SHOP. So all you just said is meaningless crap.

AND my suggestion of using penetrating oil and waiting is THE EASIEST,...and makes THE BEST SENSE for the Board Member's bike AT HOME.
Just like you said"
hillsy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:48 pm
Of course its (drilling) the last resort. It will work when you've used up all your other options.
:Cool:

We'll just add this faulty drilling suggestion and your ignorant "shop" comparison you made herein to your Face Plant with LSUTiger.

Man,...you are ON A ROLL ! :clap:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:49 pm
More importantly than the bickering going on. Is the screw out yet?
He's probably waiting for the penetrating Oil to save him from making the Hasty Mistake of drilling.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Pretty damn obvious this place isn't a shop - but it's certainly not short of internet mechanics :lmao:

If anyone was interested in actually reading my initial post they will see I said it might be easier to drill the head off the screw.

But that of course had to turn into a shitfight because some people are just perennially butthurt.

Another thread down the toilet :clap:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:16 pm
Pretty damn obvious this place isn't a shop - but it's certainly not short of internet mechanics
Yes,...ones that are FAR more accurate than ones that suggest electrical solutions to mechanic problems.

hillsy wrote:
If anyone was interested in actually reading my initial post they will see I said it might be easier to drill the head off the screw.
You live in denial of reality. You were TOLD already. It is easier to let Penetrating Oil do The Work .
hillsy wrote:
Another thread down the toilet
Not at all!
Any time we help guide other Board Members to avoid following faulty and/or bad advice is not time down the toilet.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

And it just never stops.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:46 pm
And it just never stops.
Yeah. SEVERAL HERE wish you would stop. :uhh:

Night Stalker
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2004 Victory Kingpin

Post by Night Stalker »

Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:49 pm
hillsy wrote:
And it just never stops.
You could stop replying. That might help these threads from getting crapped up. Let Hilly post his advice and you post yours without all the crap. That would help people more. You are not always right nor is Hillsy. If you both respected each other more this childish crap on both your parts would stop. I'll bet I'm not the only one tired of this.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Night Stalker wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:09 am
Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:49 pm
hillsy wrote:
And it just never stops.
You could stop replying. That might help these threads from getting crapped up. Let Hilly post his advice and you post yours without all the crap. That would help people more. You are not always right nor is hillsy. If you both respected each other more this childish crap on both your parts would stop. I'll bet I'm not the only one tired of this.
In respect to your observation made. If you would please go back and read from the beginning, my efforts were to help RubyEye. By my directing him to hold off and Not do hillsy's advice of drilling Right Away, ( but to let Penetrating Oil method work first ), I was helping him.
That hillsy got all huffy about my suggestion to not drill first is HIS shortcoming.

hillsy even admitted drilling was .. "the last resort. ....when you've used up all your other options". So why would he get bent out of shape when I said to hold off? :uhh:

Then there is his trying to derail this Thread by thinking my explanation would be,..."entertaining". Any such a technical explanation would not 'entertainment'. Knowing he would make a clown show with my explanation, I saved this Thread from such a BS show by NOT posting what he would most certainly attack endlessly (as he does many a time before) ....because he was all butthurt over my " Don't Drill" ... advice .

The bottom line is,...The Originating Source of the Problem(s) here is,...hillsy and his attitude.

I am not trying to "Always Be Right"...I am trying to Help out Ruby Eye.