Fuel line replacement

Celtics1
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 800

Re: Fuel line replacement

Post by Celtics1 »

I checked the fuel pump, and the pump is spitting out gas thru the outlet hose but more short spurts of gas, not a steady flow in any way.
I did use a different hose to check the gas flow and pump because the one I installed was a little short to work with. I’m going to try again tomorrow with installing another newer line that will fit better and take it for a ride.
If that doesn’t solve anything, could it be a fuel pump issue? Or more likely the carbs?
Thank you again!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Celtics1 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:12 pm
I checked the fuel pump, and the pump is spitting out gas thru the outlet hose but more short spurts of gas, not a steady flow in any way.
I did use a different hose to check the gas flow and pump because the one I installed was a little short to work with. I’m going to try again tomorrow with installing another newer line that will fit better and take it for a ride.
If that doesn’t solve anything, could it be a fuel pump issue? Or more likely the carbs?
Thank you again!
That's kinda normal for the fuel pump - it works on a diaphragm system so it will "pulse" feed.

Celtics1
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Celtics1 »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:18 pm
Celtics1 wrote:
Thank you again!
That's kinda normal for the fuel pump - it works on a diaphragm system so it will "pulse" feed.
That’s good to know! Thank you

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Celtics1 wrote:
Thank you again!
Fuel pumps sometimes become intermittent before the die completely. You said you used a different line for the test and it worked, did you try blowing through the original line to see if it has a blockage.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Celtics1
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Celtics1 »

sgtcall wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:13 pm
Celtics1 wrote:
Thank you again!
Fuel pumps sometimes become intermittent before the die completely. You said you used a different line for the test and it worked, did you try blowing through the original line to see if it has a blockage.
I’m going to try again tonight with the original line and see if it’s clogged or try a different line completely to hook up fully and see if that changes anything. If not we’ll see if he pump is dying