92 intruder vs 800, can I bypass side stand diode? Can I bypass clutch safety switch? Can I bypass circuit breaker?

DanielParsons79
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 92 Suzuki VS800 GL

92 intruder vs 800, can I bypass side stand diode? Can I bypass clutch safety switch? Can I bypass circuit breaker?

Post by DanielParsons79 »

Can I bypass Side stand diode, clutch safety switch, & circuit breaker on 92 intruder vs 800

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: 92 intruder vs 800, can I bypass side stand diode? Can I bypass clutch safety switch? Can I bypass circuit breaker?

Post by Designer »

DanielParsons79 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:22 pm
Can I bypass Side stand diode,
I don't think there is a diode for this. :space: I do recall there being a switch...... and if that to Whenst you referest,. .....yes you can bypass it. :bow:

DanielParsons79 wrote:
.... clutch safety switch...
Yes, you can bypass this Switch also.

DanielParsons79 wrote:
..... & circuit breaker on 92 intruder vs 800
I believe our Intruders have Fuses, not Circuit beakers.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: 92 intruder vs 800, can I bypass side stand diode? Can I bypass clutch safety switch? Can I bypass circuit breaker?

Post by sgtcall »

Welcome!

Bypassing the Side Stand and Clutch safety is easy but not recommended, the bike has safeties for a reason.

Here are a couple of things to check out.

INTRUDER MANUALS AND INFORMATION
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14168

POSTING PICTURES ON INTRUDERS ALERT
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13992
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Older models had a circuit breaker, would you by-pass your home breaker?
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I have bypassed the clutch safety and the sidestand safety switch. I learned to ride without the crap, don't need it. Your results may very.

The diode just makes sure that all the safety switches work as advertised. Never bothered to figure out how to bypass it. Bypassing the switches does the same thing with less hassel.

As for the circuit breaker. If it is bypassed there are a lot of places that a short could occur and cause major damage to the electrical system and even possibly a fire. Not a good idea. If it is popping either it is bad and needs to be replaced or there is a short in the system that is causing the problem.

Back in my early days of working on vehicles I had a truck that kept blowing a fuse, I looked for it for a long time and finally got pissed and put a small bolt in place of the fuse. The trouble with this method of t-shooting is that it lets the smoke out of the system and it is not a good thing. I burned up a whole bunch wires in a bundle and it took me 3 days to straighten out the mess.

Not being familiar with the 700 I can't say but there should be 2 wires to the circuit breaker and they should have some type of connector so that it can be replaced. The CB should have an amperage rating on it and it can be replaced with a fuse of the same rating if the CB is not available. Any auto parts shop should have one of these.

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Intruder circuit breaker, reset by pressing the small red button. Mine would trip on bumpy roads so II replaced it with a main 25 amp fuse as shown by herb.

Grow old disgracefully young man.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

A circuit breaker has it benefit in that all you need do is rest it instead of carrying fuses around.

Novel idea.

I see that the 800 circuit breaker is for more than the Side Stand Switch. Makes sense.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:14 am
A circuit breaker has it benefit in that all you need do is rest it instead of carrying fuses around.

Novel idea.

I see that the 800 circuit breaker is for more than the Side Stand Switch. Makes sense.
Uh, the CB is the main circuit protection the whole bike. It does the same thing the main fuse does on the 1400.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:11 am
Designer wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:14 am
A circuit breaker has it benefit in that all you need do is rest it instead of carrying fuses around. Novel idea. I see that the 800 circuit breaker is for more than the Side Stand Switch. Makes sense.
Uh, the CB is the main circuit protection the whole bike. It does the same thing the main fuse does on the 1400.
Yep,....dat's Rigth there. :space: :ShitGrinandThumb:

My comment was about the OP wanting to bypass the Clutch and Side Stand Switches seemingly thinking bypassing the CB might do that. However, by passing the CB would shut down the whole bike! :space: :shock:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Designer wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:51 pm

My comment was about the OP wanting to bypass the Clutch and Side Stand Switches seemingly thinking bypassing the CB might do that. However, by passing the CB would shut down the whole bike! :space: :shock:
Wait, What?
Bypassing the CB will not shut down anything. It will however render the bike unprotected if there actually is one present.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:16 am
Designer wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:51 pm
Wait, What? Bypassing the CB will not shut down anything. It will however render the bike unprotected if there actually is one present.
Yes, I posted in haste. Had a Business call coming in.
The Long-and-short-of-it is that bypassing it was not what you would want to do.