There was a time in my life that.....

Share your music and videos HERE!
This is mainly for YouTube vids and such.
Vids of bike runs should be in the "Trails 'n' Tails" section!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

There was a time in my life that.....

Post by YoDude »

I was thinking this guy was a truly famous rock star. I mean he had this one song playing on the radio and it was pretty catching at the time. I don't really recall of anything else he may have done at the time... So since then, I'm a bit unimpressed.

So, I ran across this vid and I'm thinking , wow, how mistaken I was back in those days. The reason I say this is because, it seems so, plastic these days that, how the FK did I ever fall for this?

My thing is, this display seem to be so cheap.... The crowd is not enthused at all, yeah, there's a few, but overall, not that many. And the whole talk mike thing, now seems to be so much a, gimmick, I mean how often have you ever heard it since then? Ever......? Once or twice. definitely not enough times to make it a thing.

Now don't get me wrong here.... The dude can play for sure, that's not the issue I'm having. My issue is that this guy was overly promoted back in the days. Gettin' drunk and having a good hang-over time was well respected back then. Now days, well maybe not so much. :mrgreen:

Enjoy,

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: There was a time in my life that.....

Post by hillsy »

I remember my older brother having the Frampton Comes Alive! double album and playing it incessantly back in the day. My older sister had a crush on Frampton - but didn't care much for the music :lmao: I gotta admit - I was kinda surprised this guy that seemed to come out of nowhere had such a following?

As far as the Talk Box goes - not used a hell of a lot recently - the last I remember it being used was by Dave Grohl in the Foo Fighters song "Generator" back in 2000.

Apparently Pete Townsend from The Who claims to have invented it (or a version of it) :dunno:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_box

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: There was a time in my life that.....

Post by hillsy »

Actually - forgot about Aerosmith and Motley Crue using the talk box as well....

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/talk-box-songs/