electric avenue

Share your music and videos HERE!
This is mainly for YouTube vids and such.
Vids of bike runs should be in the "Trails 'n' Tails" section!
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

electric avenue

Post by Herb »

I always liked this video but didn't know the back story to it until today

"Electric Avenue" is a song written and recorded by British singer Eddy Grant. In the United States, with the help of the MTV video he shot for it, it was one of the biggest hits of 1983. The song's title refers to Electric Avenue in the south London district of Brixton which was the first market street to be lit by electricity. At the beginning of the 1980s, tensions over unemployment, racism and poverty culminated in the street events now known as the 1981 Brixton riot. Grant, horrified and enraged, wrote the song in response to these events.

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: electric avenue

Post by YoDude »

Well thanks for that one Herb. Knowing the history gives a much better meaning of the song. :cheers:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: electric avenue

Post by Herb »

YoDude wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm
Well thanks for that one Herb. Knowing the history gives a much better meaning of the song. :cheers:

Yo-
I liked the song when it first came out, but knowing what it is about gives depth to it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.