Grits...

That's right. Ya'll gotta have some good home cookin', right?
Post your favorite stuff here. Show pics if ya wanna!
NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Grits...

Post by NE_FL »

The Ten Commandments of Grits:
I. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits
II.Thou shalt not eat thy Grits with a spoon or knife
III.Thou shalt not eat Cream of Wheat and call it Grits, for this is blasphemy
IV. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Grits
V.Thou shalt use only Salt, Butter, and red eye gravy as toppings for thy Grits
VI. Thou shalt not eat Instant Grits
VII. Thou shalt not put ketchup on thy Grits
VIII. Thou shalt not put margarine on thy Grits.
IX. Thou shalt not eat toast with thy Grits, only biscuits made from scratch .
X. Thou shalt eat grits on the Sabbath for this is manna from heaven.

How to Cook Grits:
For one serving of Grits: Boil 1.5 cups of water with salt and a little butter. Add 5 Tbsp of Grits. Reduce to a simmer and allow the Grits to soak up all the water. When a pencil stuck into the grits stands alone, they are done. That's all there is to cooking grits.

How to make red eye gravy: Fry salt cured country ham in cast-iron pan. Remove the ham when done and add coffee to the gravy and simmer for several minutes. Great on grits and biscuits.

How to Eat Grits:

Immediately after removing your grits from the stove top, add a generous portion of butter or red eye gravy. Do NOT use low-fat butter.
The butter should cause the Grits to turn a wondrous shade of yellow. Hold a banana or a yellow rain slicker next to your Grits; if the colors match, you have the correct amount of butter. In lieu of butter, pour a generous helping of red eye gravy on your grits. Be sure to pour enough to have some left for sopping up with your biscuits. Use biscuits made from scratch. Never, ever substitute canned or store-bought biscuits for the real thing because they can cause cancer, tooth decay and impotence. Next, add salt. The correct ratio of Grit to Salt is 10:1 Therefore for every 10 grits, you should have 1 grain of salt. Now begin eating your grits. Always use a fork, never a spoon, to eat Grits. Your grits should be thick enough so they do not run through the tines of the fork. The correct beverage to serve with Grits is black coffee. DO NOT use cream or, heaven forbid, Skim Milk. Your grits should rarely be eaten in a bowl because Yankees will think it's Cream of Wheat.

Ways to Eat Leftover Grits:

Leftover grits are extremely rare and may only be a rumor. Spread them in the bottom of a casserole dish, Cover and place them in the refrigerator overnight. The Grits will congeal into a gelatinous mass. Next morning, slice the Grits into squares and fry them in 1/2' of cooking oil and butter until they turn a golden brown. Many people are tempted to pour syrup onto Grits served this way. This is, of course, unacceptable but delicious.

BLESSING BEFORE EATING GRITS

May the Lord bless these grits,
May Yankees never get the recipe,
May I eat grits each day while living,
And may I die while eating grits.
AMEN

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Grits...

Post by Jolsen »

Well this ain't what I was expecting. My definition of grits is

girls
Raised
In
The
South

So how to eat grits hmmm. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

I will guess you are joking, having tried grits as a kid when I had no choice, and once when I growed up. I always equated them with carp, put them on a buttered board to prepare them, once done, scrape them off the board into the trash and lick the board. Never saw the attraction.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I've learned to like grits. When in Rome............. My best friend retired from FL to NH and says he's talked the local diner into putting grits on the menu. LOL

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

I love grits

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

Well I had instant grits this morning so I guess I broke one of the commandments. I have to fess up. :sad:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

98VS1400 wrote:
This had to be a clip from a movie, I wonder what the title was?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Post by tc1400 »

My Cousin Vinnie - funny movie.
"No self-respectin' southerner uses instant grits!" lol
I had to make an exception today.