New Guy

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Reverend
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1997 Suzuki Intruder

New Guy

Post by Reverend »

Hi all!

I'm excited because I helped a friend of mine, who is a new rider, buy her first bike, and I am helping her learn to ride. Her first bike? A 1997 Suzuki Intruder!

BUT, she dropped the bike in her last ride and I've promised to help her fix the footpeg that snapped off.

I've looked at all the parts fiches I can find, and the part that snapped is not shown anywhere. There is a central metal piece that extendes through the peg and into the chrome assembly. If I can replace that piece, then the footpeg is good to go.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I'd really like to get her up and running again!

Thanks for the help!
Rev

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: New Guy

Post by navigator »

Welcome
That tang usually bends and can be straightened, but if you snapped it off it's going to need replacement.
There is a set screw that needs to be removed before you can get the mounting bolt out.
Depending on which side do you need? I may have one.

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 03 VS1400

Post by m2h »

maybe a bit late now but i had the same issue . Just straightened it and welded it. If you do it make sure you disconnect the battery or you may cook something electronic. Good luck :Cool:
M2H
" Old Guys Rule!" :rock:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board Rev

Ride safe but fast
and post often :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"