New Suzuki Intruder

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
wiscow
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 1400

New Suzuki Intruder

Post by wiscow »

Hi,
New owner of a 2000 Suzuki Intruder 1400. In great condition all stock. Only 4300 miles!
I was wondering what material the seat is made off? Leather, Vinyl.

Regards,
Mike

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: New Suzuki Intruder

Post by navigator »

Welcome. :cheers:
Stock seat should be vinyl.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Welcome.
If you need to recover the seat I put one of these on Seat Cover and it looks great. Easy to install.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

wiscow
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2000 Intruder 1400

Post by wiscow »

Have you push started this bike? I had unintentionally left it in parking. I couldn't get it to start by rolling down my drive way, compared to my previous 500cc bike that I could.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Put it in second gear and hold the clutch in to push it off. You are going to need a good run to get it going fast enough to push start but it will do it.

The easy way is to hook to a car, leave the car engine off, hook up the cables to the car and on the bike clamp the negative to the exhaust header bolt and then pull in the clutch and touch the positive cable to the positive connection on the starter. I don't know if this is the best way but getting to the battery is a PITA. I am sure someone will chime in with a better way.

We now know the first thing you should buy for your bike is a decent battery tender. Hook up the pig tail in the fuse bow, there are mounting studs there, and then it is easy to keep charged. Trust me you are going to need it.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Ride safe but fast
and post often :ShitGrinandThumb:

Vinyl if it's a stock seat
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"