Greetings from an old rider with a new (to me) bike

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
DonGee
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2005 Boulevard S50

Greetings from an old rider with a new (to me) bike

Post by DonGee »

So glad to have found this forum!

A little more than a week ago, I picked up a 2005 Boulevard S50 which I quickly learned is also known as the VS800. So far, so good, and thus far I'm thrilled with the purchase. It looks practically new with only 5612 miles on it and I just came back from a ride in which I turned over 6000 as I was pulling into my driveway. I could see this being the last bike I ever buy (provided it lasts as long as I'm on this side of the dirt).

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself...and caution you that I am probably going to have lots of questions as I grow to know and love this thing. I'll try to remember to put them in the appropriate forum. BTW, I've been reading through all the posts while waiting for my registration to be approved, and I see there's a wealth of info here. So I'll thank you in advance for your patience and knowledge. Here's the bike:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Re: Greetings from an old rider with a new (to me) bike

Post by Cuban »

DonGee wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:21 pm
So glad to have found this forum!

:ShitGrin: Welcome to the forum DonGee, That's a fine lookin' bike right there. Yeah, there ain't a lot we don't know about these things, so don't be afraid to ask anything at all. As to reliability... well I've been riding mine for 35 years so far. :rag:

DonGee
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2005 Boulevard S50

Post by DonGee »

Thanks for the welcome, Cuban. I'll definitely be picking the brains of the experienced owners here. And it's great to know about the reliability of these bikes. I look forward to many years of riding this one. I must admit, I'm not used to having that much power available to me with a flick of the wrist. Let's just say I had to "plan" acceleration a bit more with my old CM400. :)

Squisher
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2003 Intruder 1400

Post by Squisher »

Just wait until you learn they made an S83! :evil: :jester:

That is a CLEAN example you are sporting. That 800 probably does feel like a torque monster in comparison; yet a nice natural size progression.
:putput:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Ride safe and post often :ShitGrinandThumb:

Bike looks amazingly clean and well kept for a 2005 model... :cheers:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"