New from Portland, OR

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
BCarnage
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1998 VS800GL

New from Portland, OR

Post by BCarnage »

Hello Everyone,
I'm looking at restoring/repairing 1998 VS800GL. I bought it for my father a few years ago. He rode it off a cliff on a trip. I think more damage was done towing it up the mountain than the actual wreck.
I know it is definitely going to be for fun, and will never be worth what I'll put into it. I am not really mechanically minded but it's a free donor bike and I need to learn sometime. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: New from Portland, OR

Post by Herb »

BCarnage wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:32 pm
Hello Everyone,
I'm looking at restoring/repairing 1998 VS800GL. I bought it for my father a few years ago. He rode it off a cliff on a trip. I think more damage was done towing it up the mountain than the actual wreck.
I know it is definitely going to be for fun, and will never be worth what I'll put into it. I am not really mechanically minded but it's a free donor bike and I need to learn sometime. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Welcome to the board.

What part of Portland?

we lived in North Portland from 80-89.

My son lives in a little town outside of Portland.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BCarnage
Tricycles are Cool

Post by BCarnage »

Thank you.

We live on Rocky Butte, in Northeast Portland.

I've lived here, this time, since 1995. First time was I moved here was 1986. It has changed dramatically since the 80's, and even more these last few years.

Cheers.

BCarnage
Tricycles are Cool

Post by BCarnage »

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

BCarnage wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:27 pm
Thank you.

I've lived here, this time, since 1995. First time was I moved here was 1986. It has changed dramatically since the 80's, and even more these last few years.

Cheers.
When we left in 89 it was already starting downhill. Seems the slippery slope has either gotten steeper or someone is coating it with grease.

I love the picture of your bike. Where was it taken?
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:00 pm
BCarnage wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:27 pm
Thank you.

Cheers.
When we left in 89 it was already starting downhill. Seems the slippery slope has either gotten steeper or someone is coating it with grease.

I love the picture of your bike. Where was it taken?
Yes, great pic. Columbia River?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Looks like the area east of the airport at Portland.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Ride safe and post often :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"