New Guy from SE Colorado!!

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
shaneo2112
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki Intruder VS1400

New Guy from SE Colorado!!

Post by shaneo2112 »

Hey guys it shaneo2112
I'm new to the biking world and received my first motorcycle from my boss who was getting rid of a 2001 Suzuki Intruder VS1400. I used to ride my friends motocross bikes many many years ago as I couldn't afford a used bike. So now I finally get to enjoy riding again!! Never had a motorcycle license, or took a bike course lesson, so I'm starting out fresh!(so go easy on me!) ;)
2001 Suzuki Intruder VS1400
*This Space for Rent*
*This Space is Occupied

***************NOTICE*******************
I hit the CTRL key, but I'm still not in control!
This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: New Guy from SE Colorado!!

Post by Herb »

Welcome to the great world of motorcycles.

Since street riding is different from dirt bikes, my best advice is to take a motorcycle riding course. It will help you to be safe when you first start riding.

They didn't have such a thing when I transitioned to the street and I had to learn the hard way. Had some close calls that were my fault and a little more advice may have prevented them.

Good judgment comes from experience, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

shaneo2112
Tricycles are Cool

Post by shaneo2112 »

Thanks Herb for the good advise.
It's been super cold and covid plays a part for classes not resuming here at the moment for training which is a bummer. But It does giving me me time to maintenance the bike before spring though👍😀
*This Space for Rent*
*This Space is Occupied

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Getting ready for spring is a great idea.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

shaneo2112 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:46 am
It's been super cold and covid plays a part for classes not resuming here at the moment for training which is a bummer. But It does giving me me time to maintenance the bike before spring though👍😀
I rode for a long time without an MC endorsement. I was also a self taught rider with a lot of bad habits. After getting pulled over doing 80 plus in a 25 by a Trooper friend of mine, and No he did not give me a ticket He did however give one to the friend I was riding with, I sold my bike. Kept the helmet though. Then a few years later I started collecting bikes. Still no endorsement, I think it has to do with the test. I enrolled in the school and learned a few things. The most important was that I could have past the test And ounce I completed the course I didn’t have to take the test.
Also one of the members here posted a “Ride Like a Pro” video and I started watching them and purchased a few of his disks that I give out to riders
https://www.ridelikeapro.com
Everyone can benefit from training and we can all benefit more with more training
While it is still cold outside just check out his “You tube channel.”
And order “Ride Like A Pro, The Book” and put your skill’s to task. I don’t think youi will be disappointed

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Thank you FallenAngel for posting the info about "Ride Like A Pro". :bow: I had forgotten about those. :uhh:

And,.........Welcome Back! :ShitGrinandThumb: Hope you had a nice Christmas and New Years Holiday.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

shaneo2112
Tricycles are Cool

Post by shaneo2112 »

FallenAngel wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:09 pm
shaneo2112 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:46 am
I rode for a long time without an MC endorsement. I was also a self taught rider with a lot of bad habits. After getting pulled over doing 80 plus in a 25 by a Trooper friend of mine, and No he did not give me a ticket He did however give one to the friend I was riding with, I sold my bike. Kept the helmet though. Then a few years later I started collecting bikes. Still no endorsement, I think it has to do with the test. I enrolled in the school and learned a few things. The most important was that I could have past the test And ounce I completed the course I didn’t have to take the test.
Also one of the members here posted a “Ride Like a Pro” video and I started watching them and purchased a few of his disks that I give out to riders
https://www.ridelikeapro.com
Everyone can benefit from training and we can all benefit more with more training
While it is still cold outside just check out his “You tube channel.”
And order “Ride Like A Pro, The Book” and put your skill’s to task. I don’t think youi will be disappointed
Thanks Fallen Angel, I sure will definitely check out the videos. 👍😀
*This Space for Rent*
*This Space is Occupied

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Your Welcome
I practice many of the tasks that Jerry teaches his class when Im in an open parking lot
I have alot of fun just practicing the Snowman and and intersection in parking lots
And I will also cone weave the lane markers when there is little to no traffic
I am looking forward to getting a few riders and setting up a rodeo course using Jerry's book
But most riders I talk to dont want to because they just ride for fun LOL So do I
I hope you got the most out of Jerry's videos
If you like
PM me your address and Ill send you a couple videos and a pamphlet with a few courses you can set up

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Ride safe and post often :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"