Hello from Tucson

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Weezyrider
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2001 VS1400 Intrudet

Hello from Tucson

Post by Weezyrider »

Just acquired an 01 Vs1400 Intruder in a trade deal. Has 35k and slash cut mufflers and nothing else as far as I know so far. Had to replace all fuel lines and put in a new front air box and replace filters, but it's running great. Got out for a decent ride last night and I'm sold. Never owned a true cruiser before, and after much previous research I think I chose well. This is about my 45ish street bike, and 1st with self adjusting valves, big plus! Just need to mount up my saddlebags and ive got my local runabout bike. Looking for some highway bars if anyone has a set lying around. Looking fwd to racking up some miles and maybe a few mods. Thanks to all who've contributed to this forum, it's already been a big help!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Hello from Tucson

Post by sgtcall »

Weezyrider wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm
Just acquired an 01 Vs1400 Intruder in a trade deal. Has 35k and slash cut mufflers and nothing else as far as I know so far. Had to replace all fuel lines and put in a new front air box and replace filters, but it's running great. Got out for a decent ride last night and I'm sold. Never owned a true cruiser before, and after much previous research I think I chose well. This is about my 45ish street bike, and 1st with self adjusting valves, big plus! Just need to mount up my saddlebags and ive got my local runabout bike. Looking for some highway bars if anyone has a set lying around. Looking fwd to racking up some miles and maybe a few mods. Thanks to all who've contributed to this forum, it's already been a big help!
Welcome!
Here are a couple of things to check out.

POSTING PICTURES ON INTRUDERS ALERT (Please post pictures of your ride)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13992

INTRUDER MANUALS AND INFORMATION
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14168

Instead of highway bars you may want to consider going with forward controls. Refined Cycles make nice ones at a good price. https://refinedcycle.com/product/fc4-fo ... evard-s83/

They make highway bars also.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Always glad to have another 1400 rider aboard...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:11 pm
Anything ever happen with that RE you were looking at?
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Weezyrider
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Weezyrider »

Thanks for for the replies, and the links sgtcall👍 I'm not sure if I already have forward controls, but they are more so than on any bike I've owned and wouldn't feel comfortable with anything further. And I hope I'm not being threadjacked on my 1st one haha🤣

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Weezyrider wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:17 pm
Thanks for for the replies, and the links sgtcall👍 I'm not sure if I already have forward controls, but they are more so than on any bike I've owned and wouldn't feel comfortable with anything further. And I hope I'm not being threadjacked on my 1st one haha🤣
We are known for getting off topic on occasion.

Still waiting on a picture of your bike. :Umm:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:40 pm
Herb wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:11 pm
Anything ever happen with that RE you were looking at?
I apologize for jacking thre thread but we will stick to the basic subject, 1400 Intruders..

I test rode a RE, compared to the 1400 it is a gutless wonder... Kind of looking for another 1400... About 250K on the 99 and it is a rat. I would like to find a 88-94 4 speed I know they have more power and won't have the trans problem I had with the first engine in the 99.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Weezyrider
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Weezyrider »

sgtcall wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:05 pm
Weezyrider wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:17 pm
We are known for getting off topic on occasion.

Still waiting on a picture of your bike. :Umm:
I tried. Too complicated. I'm a simple caveman with a carbderated bike. (2 actually.) 😁

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Weezyrider wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm
WELCOME

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"