David

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
DMIntruder
Riding on Learners Permit

David

Post by DMIntruder »

DMIntruder motorcycle owner, RC airplane/engine enthusiast, at least I used to be, and cat lover. I have currently 2 VS1400's.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: David

Post by YoDude »

Hey Dave! Welcome aboard. It's good to see you sign up. Let us know what you think of the board. Suggestions are welcome. I hope to see you here often!

Yo-

DMIntruder

Post by DMIntruder »

Oh, I'll be here. One thing I think we need to do is try to get the major technical topics cut and paste and over here. Granted I am not the most technical person about these bikes but I have posted some items 'elsewhere' that I think might be helpful here especially for new members just learning about their bikes. I will typically post on subjects that I have had actual experience with that fixed an issue.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I think as far as copy/pasting your own stuff is just fine and in fact welcome. If some other stuff gets stolen from that other site, then so be it, but I'll leave that to you guys. I feel a touch guilty for 'swiping' their emoticons, sorta. LOL

Yo-

DMIntruder

Post by DMIntruder »

I am speaking strictly of technical FACTS that could take a long time to replace. Basic topics like:
Coast valve shimming: purpose, and how to.
Carb disassembly, cleaning, sync.
Battery connections: importance and why.
Basic troubleshooting.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

98VS1400 wrote:I agree guys. We will need some time, but I think we can build up the knowledge base. Our challenge will be getting people looking for answers to find this site. I searched this forum on Google and it came up on page #2 of the search. I also noticed the Google [bot] was a registered user online here yesterday. After doing some research, that is the Google internet spider that goes around tracking stuff. I learned a couple of tricks about directing traffic to websites, too. Apparently, social medias like Facebook and Twitter increase a websites chances of being seen on the search. Not sure how that works exactly, but with time I think we'll start seeing some visits from new people.
Oh, that reminds me, I need to go pull some tricks outa my ass. I have a few old posts to edit over on that other site.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Minnow990
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Minnow990 »

98VS1400 wrote:I agree guys. We will need some time, but I think we can build up the knowledge base. Our challenge will be getting people looking for answers to find this site. I searched this forum on Google and it came up on page #2 of the search. I also noticed the Google [bot] was a registered user online here yesterday. After doing some research, that is the Google internet spider that goes around tracking stuff. I learned a couple of tricks about directing traffic to websites, too. Apparently, social medias like Facebook and Twitter increase a websites chances of being seen on the search. Not sure how that works exactly, but with time I think we'll start seeing some visits from new people.
This is called Search Engine Optimization. The Google bot actually comes pre-shipped with PHPBB3 (the forum engine) along with other search engine bots. These are pre-created, automated scripts that index your forum and their posts.

Here's a link to that: What are the bots on my forum and what do they do

I'm a web developer, but this is about the extent of how much I know about SEO.
Minnow990
1987 Intruder VS700
New Supporter of Bikers Against Child Abuse

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Minnow990 wrote:
This is called Search Engine Optimization. The Google bot actually comes pre-shipped with PHPBB3 (the forum engine) along with other search engine bots. These are pre-created, automated scripts that index your forum and their posts.

Here's a link to that: What are the bots on my forum and what do they do

I'm a web developer, but this is about the extent of how much I know about SEO.
I'm not yet fully acquainted with the all board settings (there are a LOT of them), but I recall there being something that is bot related. I'll look into this.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.